Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stupid Bodyshop

LQ9SS

Question

I had my front quarter panel repainted lastweek and of course the guy who finished the paint was a hack with the rotary like most of them.

Good thing for the Flex and some Adam's polishes. As always, a smart detailing technique is to take the less aggresive approach first so I decided on the FMP and white pad. Almost came out perfect.

See the buffer trails:

P1020109.jpg

Good bye buffer trails:

P1020110.jpg

10 answers to this question

Thanks guys!

Seriously took me 5 minutes to get rid of them. At first I was going to go for the SHR but I was curious to see what the FMP polish was capable of and it turned out to be the perfect solution.

What's sad is if the body shop would repaint an entire vehicle, thats what the whole vehicle would look like, a complete disaster even though every body panel is repainted.

And honestly that is the exact reason why I got into detailing my own vehicle about 5 years ago after I had my first black truck buffed by a "professional" and he made my paint look like a bad acid trip with all the holograms. (not sure if that was the right analogy, but you get the idea, lol) I lost all trust with anybody touching my paint.

Sure it wasn't because of me constantly posting pictures of black paint after a detail on SSS.com :jester:

No, you just took my detailing addiction to a whole nother level, one that has made my life unmanageable, lol....

Nice save!

I feel your pain though. The shop that dad has taken his 66 Chevy II doesn't know the first thing about proper paint care and they are one of the most recommended restorers in the area! They have a painted car sitting right next to a car they are striping so it always gets covered with nasty dust and from the scratches that I have to fix looks like they just dry wipe it down.

Archived