Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gotta love cheap parts..

txredgt

Question

So my project for my car last winter was to get a new front bumper cover and headlights. I LOVE how it looks together and after washing my car today I had a nightmare.. 1 of my headlights is starting to flake already! I know cheap aftermarket headlights are notorious for fogging inside which is fine, just take some heat or let em dry in the sun no big deal, but this is just poor quality. The plastic outter layer is starting to flake off, like take your fingernail over it and you can feel the layer difference. No picture as of now, but I called the company and got the 'well we are able to offer them cheap because they have no warrany, but send us a picture and we will see what we can do. I also got a response of well I can give you our cost on a different set of our crappy headlights if you want.' No way I am going to get a different set only for this to happen down the road. All I did was take some clay to the headlights last wash and I find this now.. I know they clay didn't do it, just crappy made in china parts. Rant over, sorry fellas. Just thought I would post that after washing my car and thinking it looks killer I find this. It's not a huge deal but I'm sure I am like alot of ppl on here that when you see it once, you forever know its there and its a sore spot until its fixed. :mad:

4 answers to this question

I would have paid for the quality but this was the only place offering what I was looking for. My next step I guess will be getting the OEM ones and altering them how I want. I wonder if respraying these with a clearcoat would work? UGH just hate things like this as I don't have much $$ and when I spend it on the car I try to get quality stuff, I knew it was a risk but I purchased from them before and now I get burned. There is still hope they will replace it but I'm not holding my breath.

Archived