Customer Service 866.965.0400

New From Phoenix, AZ

wtrbxr

Hello Everyone,

I am new to all this and am looking forward to all the combined years of detailing experience.

FYI I have watched all the videos from my product DVD. I have watched countless Junkman videos and have begun to use the products. I have attached some photos and and hoping for some suggestions on what is the best way to use these products in the most time efficient manner

I have found out that things take much longer than they appear on most videos. Keeping things clean and not dried out here in AZ can be quite a challenge even on an 80 degree morning.

Take a look at these photos of the hood and roof of my truck. This has been with much effort. I would estimate I have about 8-10 hours into this F-150 and I still have some swirl marks that I just can not get out. Is ford typically one of those hard clear coats??

Glad to be here!!

Photo 1 Hood after 1 pass

Photo 2 Hood after 2 passes

Photo 3 Hood after 4 passes

Photo 4 Roof in original Condition

Photo 5 Roof after 2 passes

Still needs more work and I have not even attempted the side. I guess this is what happens with a yearly pass to the local car wash following everyone with dust storm dust and debris on their cars??

Welcome to the gang, you will find plenty of help around here.

8~10 hrs, what exactly have you done so far? SSHR? SHR? Both?

Do you have a PC or Flex?

As far as product drying out in your heat, can you keep inside?

Sent from the Dark Side using G2/Tapatalk

Sorry about that when I say the number of passes that is SSR with green pad, SHR with orange pad and finally FMP with the white pad. I purchased the

Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit

Includes the Popular Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher

Just What you Need to Get Started Polishing Your Car

Safe and Easy Polishing, Even for the Beginner

Eliminate Swirl Marks, Enhance Shine & Protect!

I just am thinking that I have gotten in way over my head on this one. The first thing I did on the truck was the tail gate and it looked fantastic and I was thinking wow! this is going to be fantastic. I just had not idea the time it would take to correct the top and hood.

Do you guys use compressed air to clean the pads while working with them? or do you use a pad brush. and if you use a pad brush what speed on the PC.

I just am thinking that I have gotten in way over my head on this one. The first thing I did on the truck was the tail gate and it looked fantastic and I was thinking wow! this is going to be fantastic. I just had not idea the time it would take to correct the top and hood.

You're not in over your head, we just need to work on your technique a little and maybe your patience just a little bit too :)

The first correction is always going to be the hardest. Your paint is in it's worst shape and you are just learning how to use the equipment.

Have you watched the video's ? There is some really good information in them as far as technique, you should also get to a clinic to see it done in person :2thumbs:

On that hood I'd do a couple passes with SHR and an Orange pad before moving on to anything else.

Once you get it corrected it is just proper upkeep going forward, the better your wash technique the less polishing you will have to do. And remember Rome wasn't built in a day :hi:

I would love to make it to one of the clinics and see just how things are done. I will keep correcting until I get that swirl free finish like I achieved on the hood. I will be patient and post photos once it is done.

So just to be clear you would use the SSR with the green pad then make a couple passes with the SHR and the orange pad.

With the pad cleaning I was wanting to know how you keep the pads clean while working with them. I will get one of the brushes.

Thanks

John, we will very likely have a clinic again this January in Scottsdale, but let's try to get you dialed in before that!

How hard are you pushing, at what speed setting, and is the pad still spinning, or just oscillating? What year, and how many miles are on the truck? Are you the original owner? Did this truck experience many car-washes? (Drive-through?)

Let's get that F1-50 looking good!:)

I will definitely attend. Thanks for getting me dialed in.

I am using the SSR and SHR on speed 6. I am keeping to an area no greater that 2x2.

The pad is spinning I am not pressing too hard to make it stop and too light to sling product everywhere. I am focusing on making sure the pad both spins and oscillates. I am also focusing on moving the pad about 2-3 inches every second.

The Truck is a 1999 ford F-150 and has 180,000 miles. It has been thru many car washes. It had been in Atlanta Ga for the past 6 years. As i recall the top and hood of the truck began to get damaged after going thru a couple of car washes in GA.

I would try and wash the truck at least every three weeks and keep it free of droppings etc. I has not been a garaged truck.

• 1 month later...
John, we will very likely have a clinic again this January in Scottsdale, but let's try to get you dialed in before that!

How hard are you pushing, at what speed setting, and is the pad still spinning, or just oscillating? What year, and how many miles are on the truck? Are you the original owner? Did this truck experience many car-washes? (Drive-through?)

Let's get that F1-50 looking good!:)

Hey Adam, do you guys ever plan to do Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale. We have been out there the last 2 years and would love to see you all there. Not sure on the technicalities of getting in on it, might be harder than some shows if thats the case. I know I usually see the (walmart brands) out there, they might have it locked up and not let others in, not sure. Anyways, just thought it would be cool to see you all there, if not, I'm sure I'll catch you all sometime!

Archived