Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Metal Polish #2 rescues a Gretsch

musclejunkie

Question

I took out my moth-balled new12-string Gretsch this weekend to test out my new Liverpool Sans Amp pedal and lo and behold, I noticed the gold pickups were pitted and the steel frets were tarnished beyond belief. This is a new guitar that rarely gets much use so it resides as a closet queen in its case. I thought for about two seconds on what to use and then it hit me - how bout giving the Adam's #2 a whirl. The pickups and frets look like new again. AMAZING! That stuff worked like a miracle. I totally ruined a good microfiber which was black by the time I was through. I have to take it in to get a tune-up done and when it comes back I'll post some pic's. :2thumbs:

10 answers to this question

I would think you could use #1 alone or followed up with #2. I'm not sure why they came up with a #2, unless it is improved in some way. To be frank, I wouldn't bother getting both unless the #1 is THAT much more aggressive. The #2 worked great on my tarnished guitar metal.:)

I bought my Metal polish when there was only one type of metal polish. The bottle says Metal polish #1. So, should I treat it as a #1 and then purchase #2 to follow up?

Correct, a long time ago there was a #1 and #2, then it went to just a #1. Now #2 is back, use your #1 as #1 not as a #2, only use a #2 as a #2 but don't even think about combining a #1 and a #2 to make a #3.

Did that clear it up for you :jester:

I finished the Gretsch resto last night with a coat of buttery. I was going to break out the focus pad and the FMP for a couple of nasty scratches, but tried this miracle guitar scratch remover polish that worked like magic. The buttery actually makes my guitar look like it is wet. FANTASTIC and it went on sooooo darn easy! I also hit the tarnished gold tuning peg ferules with Adams #2 metal polish. They were actually pitted and tarnished black to start. The polish removed the tarnish and what little gold plating there was left on the ferules exposing a beautiful nickle finish that lie underneath. It makes the gold tuners just pop and the nickle ferules make for a nice contrast. Adams just aint for cars folks!:drool:

I finished the Gretsch resto last night with a coat of buttery. I was going to break out the focus pad and the FMP for a couple of nasty scratches, but tried this miracle guitar scratch remover polish that worked like magic. The buttery actually makes my guitar look like it is wet. FANTASTIC and it went on sooooo darn easy! I also hit the tarnished gold tuning peg ferules with Adams #2 metal polish. They were actually pitted and tarnished black to start. The polish removed the tarnish and what little gold plating there was left on the ferules exposing a beautiful nickle finish that lie underneath. It makes the gold tuners just pop and the nickle ferules make for a nice contrast. Adams just aint for cars folks!:drool:

I hate your face until you post a picture!

ANDDDDDD GO!

:lol::lol:

Archived