Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dirty Wheels??

Slava

Question

Still being new to Adam's products I got to use the wheel cleaner and I like it for regular washes on wheels that don't have baked on break dust.

Does Adam offer any kind of heavy duty wheel cleaners?

7 answers to this question

Before GWC, people used APC for wheels. Its a good general cleaner, although you still may need to do some scrubbing with the wheel brush or multiple applications/rinses. Just don't let it dry on the wheels (i.e. do one at a time).

GWC and APC are great wheel cleaners. Don't be swayed to think those special color changing wheel cleaners some companies are peddling as some amazing have to have product. It's another gimmick.

For normal cleaning, I use Adams car shampoo diluted in water and in a spray bottle.

Chris

GWC and APC are great wheel cleaners. Don't be swayed to think those special color changing wheel cleaners some companies are peddling are some amazing have to have product. It's another gimmick.

For normal cleaning, I use Adams car shampoo diluted in water and in a spray bottle.

Chris

Yes I always try the most gentle cleaning method first. As most OEM wheels are clear coated they should be treated as you would your paint.

Hey Slava, I have the same issue with my OEM Z wheels. The previous owner let the brake dust bake on there something awful. What I plan on doing is hitting mine with APC and some serious elbow grease when I remove them to swap on my Volks. Since I will have them off, it may be easier to really get in there to get at them. You may want to do the same. Then, like Chris said, seal them up with some sealant and wax. I sealed my Volks with Machine Super Sealant applied by hand.

Archived