Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whoa, Earthquake in Jersey/Philly

3PedalMINI

We actually felt it all the way up in MA. I was at work on the 4th floor and the building started swaying. Everyone started dumping out of their offices asking what the heck was going on. I immediately thought it felt like an earthquake and pulled out my phone and went to the US geological survey's website. And there it was.

"recent earthquakes. 2 minutes ago. 5.8 in Virginia"

Crazy stuff!

People in the tallest office building in town (third floor) said they felt it for about 10 seconds. My boss said I commented about a strange noise around that time. I do remember commenting to him about a strange sound but I did not feel anything. I have noticed here (where I am at) that people that were in upper floors felt it than single floor buildings.

I live in Metro Detroit (which is a long ways away) and I was in an Elevator going to the 5th floor and just as I got to floor 5 the elevator started shaking back and forth and was also vibrating. I was the only one on it and I thought it was going to fall. :help::help:

The door opened and there was this guy standing outside of it and I looked at him and said "what the heck was that?" He laughed and said he had no clue.

Archived