Customer Service 866.965.0400

have clayed but still feel pits with plastic

r.t.saucedo

Question

hello so i have been working on claying my truck and i have been really attacking it, but every panel still feels like there are lots of pits when using the plastic bag. I dont know what im doing wrong i have watched the videos, im using adams clay bar and detail spary im thinking i might need to go to a medium cut clay bar any thoughts guys ? i could post pics i guess but that really wouldnt help would it ?

4 answers to this question

how long would you say that clayed a specific area? you may need to clay the area more than what you have. OR it might be mini chip/pit marks in the paint due to a lot of highway driving caused by rocks pebbles etc. i had this problem

i have work 1 small area about 1ft x 1ft for a good 20 mins, so im thinking it may be that aswell, as it is the front of the truck i just wasnt sure if i need to go to a different clay. really nothing i can do for the mini chips right? as im not gonna repaint it.

i have work 1 small area about 1ft x 1ft for a good 20 mins, so im thinking it may be that aswell, as it is the front of the truck i just wasnt sure if i need to go to a different clay. really nothing i can do for the mini chips right? as im not gonna repaint it.

For chip marks, Dr. Colorchip is a pretty effective solution. I go through the process once a year on the Lightning while I do my full detail in preparation for Carlisle and I've been happy with the results.

Archived