Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC on its way

thebrannman

Question

Finally broke down and ordered a PC with cooresponding pads and polishes. Should be at my house when i get home from work today...pretty pumped. :banana: I tried hand polishing with SHR but that just wasn

t cutting the mustard.

My truck isn't terrible with swirls and scratches but I can't wait to put the PC to use and seal it all up. Got some bird droppings etched on the roof so I'll aim for those and wash, clay, then polish a panel at a time and hopefully be thrilled with the outcome!

6 answers to this question

Congrats Andrew! :pc:

Enjoy using the new tool, but don't work yourself too hard. Try working on the roof to become familiar with the PC and improve your technique, before moving on to the rest of truck. No sense in spending the time to do the whole truck and have to go back and do it correctly later (ask me how I know!).

Yeah I definitely wont make that mistake. Been on the forums for a few months now so i've absorbed a lot. Quick question about the MSS though....so I apply it and lay it down thin....then wait about 20-30 mins before removing it with a microfiber towel? Then is it ready for buttery or americana?

Quick question about the MSS though....so I apply it and lay it down thin....then wait about 20-30 mins before removing it with a microfiber towel? Then is it ready for buttery or americana?

No, MSS needs 12-24 of 'cure' time before anything is added on top. It may haze a little during that time, and will need a quick wipe down after (which may require a rewash, depending on where it was stored for the 'cure' time).

I usually do not have hazing, and wait to apply anything else until after the next wash.

worked a little bit on my hood last night. got it clean and forgot to clay to remove any old wax...but i think the polishing took care of that.

scratches were pretty few and far between anyways but this just enhanced it. did SHR, FMP, then MSS. probably gonna wait til after this hurricane mess to do the rest then lay down some buttery and americana.

after 6opms your hand does get kinda shaky...haha

Archived