Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Wax

DFA

Question

After getting back from Carlisle driving through a terrible storm the vette was a mess. I washed the car with Dawn dish washing soap to remove the old wax. I used the clay bar then applied the new Brilliant Glaze and then a coat of Americana Wax. The car looks unbelievable. I also used the Glaze on the chrome wheels they also came out super.

My question is how soon can I apply another coat of Americana ?

Thanks,

DFA

6 answers to this question

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

Will using the Brilliant Glaze on top of the Americana remove the wax ?

Thanks,

DFA

I have not got a clear answer on that. You can put bg on first and then do a layer of Americana over top without any removal of wax. I also know that if you put bg over top of Americana before Americana is fully cured will remove it.

How long you can wait before you put bg over Americana without "harm" is still a mistery to me:)

Brilliant Glaze can diminish the APW. It won't remove it, but you will have to apply it sooner.

My current method I really like to keep that "MELT YOUR FACE OFF" look on my paint is to apply BG over the APW about 6 weeks after I apply the APW. Then two weeks later, another round this time of BG under the APW.

I keep my SS and 6 super clean, and they always, save for before my trip here, are on that rotation. I figure to start the winterizing process when I get home.

Archived