Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Flex is here! Hoping to send the micro marring on a permanent vac!

hankdog101

Question

I'm sure this may be covered somewhere in one of these forums, so sorry for asking again if it is. Got my Flex and now I'm ready to try and conquer this black paint. Have a quick question on when to add more polish to the pad. I know you start with a nice bead of polish or a "X" on the pad. Once the polish starts to flash do you add a smaller bead of polish while working the same area or do you hit it with some detail spray like you do with the PC to wake up the polish in the pad?

7 answers to this question

I add detail spray and I do it more frequently than the PC because the flex generate way more heat than the pc and the last thing you wanna do is burn your paint rather than fixing it. As far as adding polish that depends on the pass, so if you do one pass (which includes spraying the pads to get the polish out of it and reduce heat on the panel worked) and you find the results are less than satisfactory then you do another pass so you will have to add more polish. You will also have to be faster with the flex, you will need to move faster. Hope that helps :)

I think with the flex or any rotary for that matter its a matter of judging it as you polish. Never hurts to stop for a second after it flashes, or even before, to place the back of your hand on the panel to see how warm it is. If it's pretty warm you may want to spritz the pad or reduce pressure. Like Fierce5 stated though, I find myself spritzing the pad more often on a rotary just because of the heat it generates.

Archived