Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing and Apartments

GTOwned

Question

What does everybody who lives in an apartment do for detailing their car with out a garage? I usually do all my polishing/waxing/detailing in a garage but I have moved and now have no indoor space to do my work. I just bought a pc and would like to start taking better care of my daily driver. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks

12 answers to this question

True story: I used to detail my car in the local college parking garage. I would drive to the highest floor, where no one parked. It had a water outlet and an electrical outlet! I would be there detailing all saturday. The university cops would drive by, and just wave and smile. They never asked me "what am I doing here" or anything like that. I'm sure they thought this crazy (or smart) guy is cleaning his car in a parking garage!

I live on the 2nd floor and I have covered parking. I can't use the PC here so I have to do that at a buddies house which is quite inconvinent and I HATE asking for favors. I ended up just doing BG and Americana yesterday and whenever I can I will polish some spots out here and there. I can't do a full correction with my current situation.

Renting a garage is pricey for certain areas. I try to create a detailing party and get it hosted at someones house. If I can't get that I will go to the car wash with bays and use their water only. Matter of fact I have a write up I need to post covering this exact situation.

I don't have a cool cell signature.....I just use tapatalk

Renting a garage is pricey for certain areas. I try to create a detailing party and get it hosted at someones house. If I can't get that I will go to the car wash with bays and use their water only. Matter of fact I have a write up I need to post covering this exact situation.

I don't have a cool cell signature.....I just use tapatalk

using the car wash water is my plan for this winter, bring my own bucket and soap! then bring it to the heated garage at the parents for the final detaling

using the car wash water is my plan for this winter, bring my own bucket and soap! then bring it to the heated garage at the parents for the final detaling

Winter around here is just a PAIN. Not looking forward to it at all. :help:I do have heat in the garage after this summer may just invest in AC next year.

detailing with an apartment suckkks. i just go back home and do it in my parents garage since they are pretty close. Next year I am going to have an apartment with a garage :) costs more but if I do one or two peoples cars it will be enough to cover the garage price ;). I cant handle my baby being outside in the winter :(, no more! haha

Pop up tents, use a friend's driveway.

Those are the two that come to mind.

This is your best bet. If it were me, If my condo/appartment had a hose, I would just wash it outside, and bring it to the underground parking to polish. I never like to polish outside. When the wind blows dirt particales get stuck to the paint while your polishing which will eventually lead to scratches.

Archived