Customer Service 866.965.0400

Over spray.

camaro34

Question

I have a 2011 camaro black and i had to have the hood roof and deck resprayed from the dealer. They did a bad job taping the car off and now theirs over spray around the whole car. I don't want to take it back to the dealer and can't afford to buy a machine polisher. What can i do by hand? I've tried a clay bar and so far no luck.

5 answers to this question

Buffing off overspray by hand won't be too fun. Initially you could try wiping down one of the areas with some isopropyl aclohol to strip off any wax or product on that area and then go at it with a clay bar. Clay alot of times will take over spray off. After you clay wipe down the area again then go at it by hand with the orange sponge and some swirl and haze remover. After a couple passes of that see how it's looking and then finish with the fine machine polish and some wax.

you might have to get body shop grade claybar. its sold in 3 different grades. the kind that most brands sell is the fine grade.

this is the only time i would recommend going to the auto parts store to buy detailing stuff. the detailing clay i'm talking about will be in the same aisle as the spray paint and sand paper. its Meg's Detailing Clay "Aggressive" or "Mild". i'm not sure if you can damage your paint by using this improperly, but do some research before you buy it. normal clay like what Adam's sells of course will never damage the paint.

if all else fails you might have to wet sand it off.

and do what the others have said and wipe it down with 50/50 ISP beforehand.

The Adam's clay will work, it may take several passes!

:iagree:

I had black overspray on the door jamb on a velocity yellow vette! The clay bar did take it off but it took alot more time than a typical clay job does, you will need a little patience. Just be sure to keep folding the clay after it starts to lift the overspray.

Archived