Customer Service 866.965.0400

4" focus pads on PC BEWARE

Fit08

Question

Just a word of warning to those who use the adapter for the pc 4" focus pads. I had the pad pop of the adaptor spindle twice. First time, ok not tightn enough I guess, so it was tight now. Second time, not so lucky, yes right into the paint down to metal with the PC :willy: Yes they maybe only "stone chip" size but on an unblemished surface, dang it I say.

So, moving forowrd it gets Blue loctite !!!:xfingers:

Of coarse my day does not end there. I had purchased the gen 2 PC pads but I had adhesion problems with the white pad (falling off backing plate). The other where not as bad so Ashley replaced the white one. Well today the others fell off just as I had reapplied product only to fall face first and got dirt in both pad faces. Well you know how long it takes to dry out after washing. So now down to gen 3 white to finish car as no back up pads to date. I can tell you the gen 3 pads sticks!!:thumbsup:

I think I've clamed down now enogh to return to the process.....:pc:

I've used both the new and the old style adaptor with NO issues, and I've used them extensively. I'd be thinking something else is wrong. Either not tight enough or the adaptors aren't right.

First time use. It came off one more time just after the writing, so I did loctite as I suggested I would. It has yet to come off now!

Yes, I made sure it was tight to the point where I felt I would have pulled the platic away from the nut, I did that twice and both times it came off.

Only issue now is I need to get another "blue" adapter to put on the drill adapter and loctite it as well.:mad:

Archived