Customer Service 866.965.0400

What polishing and waxing steps for new vehicle?

Bengal Camaro

Question

I am new to the forum. I just bought a new Inferno Orange Camaro and, I am looking for suggestions on exactly what Adams polishing and waxing products should I start out with to give my new Camaro it's first detail. After reading and doing some research on the products, I am thinking some Brilliant glaze and Americana wax. But, should I put on some polish first or what do you guys suggest? Any information is greatly appreciated. :patriot:

8 answers to this question

It depends on the condition of the paint and whether there is an abundance of swirls or not. You may need some swirl and haze remover as well - depending on condition of course.

If you have a bunch of plasticky parts like the excapes have (off the top of my head)I suggest getting some VRT

Also; welcome to the forums

Since the car is new, your best bet is to perfect the maintenance part, and then all you will need is the BG and Americana you mentioned. You may need the polishes later on, especially if this is your DD.

Remember, you just don't 'put on some' polish - the polish is used to remove microscopic layers of the clear coat. This removes the swirls and scratches and makes the clear coat smooth, which allows it to shine at it's full potential.

If it were my vehicle I would start out with:

1. Fine Machine polish with the white pad via PC or the Flex

2. Brilliant Glaze

3. Americana

And as Chris mentioned, do the test to see if it needs to be clayed. You would do this step before the Fine Machine Polish.

Have you watched all the instructional videos or the Junkman Videos? If not, start there.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Watch the videos (see Junkman's Corner - in this forum) - If you don't know how to spot swirl-marks and other imperfections - you will find out how to in his videos. Junkman (real name A.J.) allows you to see layman's auto detailing. For those of us who don't have a million$ showroom to polish brand new Corvettes. A.J. will create scenarios in his garage and let you see the way to the light. He's also entertaining while doing it.

Start with :

1) Proper wash with Adam's Shampoo

2) Proper Adam's Microfiber towel dry

3) get some halogens or other good lighting (sunlight is the best) and start looking the car over.

4) Baggie (cheap sandwich baggie or wal-mart grocery bag will work)

The wife and I have been looking at new Camari (plural for Camaro ;) ) and I'm amazed at the horrible shape of the paint. Yours may not be much better.

Using a PC7424XP is THE BEST WAY to cut your teeth on buffing/polishing. The FLEX is for someone who's done at least a dozen full paint corrections and has a grip on what they are doing.

I'm moving to the Flex soon. (after Thanksgiving @ Vegas)

If you lived closer to Huntsville, I'd tell ya to come on over. Did so with Len a year ago, he's an Adam's Dealer now and has his own detail business here.

I've handed out over 40 Adam's DVD's to people - car dealers, salesmen. I have one car salesmen blowing my phone up for details for new cars he sells. I'm don't have my license/insurance so I keep declining. :(

:welcome::2thumbs:

I am new to the forum. I just bought a new Inferno Orange Camaro and, I am looking for suggestions on exactly what Adams polishing and waxing products should I start out with to give my new Camaro it's first detail. After reading and doing some research on the products, I am thinking some Brilliant glaze and Americana wax. But, should I put on some polish first or what do you guys suggest? Any information is greatly appreciated. :patriot:

All the responses you received are great advise. If we get a chance to meet up I can take a look at your paint and make recommendations as to what steps you need to take to get it perfect!

Archived