Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do I need to clay again?

GaresTaylan

Question

Hey everyone. I finally set aside time this past weekend to do a clay, swirl & haze, revive and wax on my ride.

After I did the 2 bucket wash, clay and 2nd two bucket wash... I had a family emergency come up and needed to stop. Luckily everything has come out ok.

Today though, I was thinking about the job I started the other day. Since I didn't get to finish the process... will I be able to just do a 2 bucket wash and pick up where I left off or should I clay again?

6 answers to this question

Hey everyone. I finally set aside time this past weekend to do a clay, swirl & haze, revive and wax on my ride.

After I did the 2 bucket wash, clay and 2nd two bucket wash... I had a family emergency come up and needed to stop. Luckily everything has come out ok.

Today though, I was thinking about the job I started the other day. Since I didn't get to finish the process... will I be able to just do a 2 bucket wash and pick up where I left off or should I clay again?

Just do the baggie test and check it out. If you just did last week, you should be GTG.:)

Thanks for all the great information, guys. I love these forums. I will also work on getting some new pics up of my car this weekend. :D

I have another question for you. My wife just picked up a new vehicle this past weekend. I performed the baggy test on it and while I can feel the bumps in some small spots, its nowhere near as bad as my vehicle was.

This afternoon I was planning on giving it a wash and wax. I need to purchase some more Adam's clay before I can get around to hers - but in the meantime - should I just use the buttery wax or will I see any benefit from applying Revive Polish as well? The paint looks great, so I see no need for a Swirl & Haze. From my understanding the Revive Polish can really be used to enhance the overall look of the paint at any time - not just after a clay, correct?

Archived