Customer Service 866.965.0400

79 Porsche 924 5-speed manual ! 1 Owner 22k miles

6spdg37s

1979 Porsche 924 ! Grey/Gunmetal Exterior.. Original Paint ! Original Interior !

My aunt is the original owner of this car

22-24k Original Miles

5-speed manual trans (RARE DOG-LEG SHIFT PATTERN DISCONTINUED AFTER THIS YEAR)

Manual Removable Sunroof

Manual Seats

Manual Steering

Manual Windows

Black Leather Interior

Alpine CD headunit

Car is considered a classic = Classic Insurance I only Pay $140 Per Year

Only thing that does not work is the odometer (reads 20,xxx I believe)

A/C does not work (I am unsure why)

Car was Just serviced by a Porsche Mechanic !

car is 33 years old so does have flaws... but if your looking for a 924 this is it !

I am asking 6k negotiable within reason.. I know its a long shot cause its a weird/rare/odd car .

But I really want this thing gone cause she can use the money and I can have her leave me alone ... lol but seriously .

The car blue books for 6-8500

let me know if you have any questions

running vids :

IMG_0754.MOV - YouTube

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

thanks ... from what ive heard they make good autocross cars

they are the predecessor to the 944

obviously it would need suspension and engine mods but it does have that potential

It would be such a shame to see a clean, original car like that stripped down into a track car, though.

Might be worth posting for sale on some Porsche forums.... I gotta think that there's a Porsche aficionado out there that will really appreciate the low miles. :thumbsup:

Rich...A Porsche aficianado and a 924 lover are somewhat mutually exclusive! :)

There are a couple of 924 for sale in my area right now for whatever reason...you don't see them come up for sale very often especially in this condition. Looks really nice in the pics.

Like the 944, a 924 is fairly cheap to buy but not cheap to maintain unless you do everything yourself. The saying is "there's no such thing as a cheap Porsche". They are fun little cars and for the most part, pretty reliable so long as you keep up with them. This one owner car would be a good buy. I could be tempted but have way too much other stuff going on right now and I certainly don't need to add a divorce to the list.

One question for John...is this mileage documented and since it's a one owner car, does your aunt have all of the receipts? When was the last "front engine service" performed? Feel free to get in touch via PM or regular e-mail.

- Darryl

Archived