Customer Service 866.965.0400

Technique questions: FLEX vs. PC

Team Adam's

Question

I just picked up a FLEX with the intent of attacking the horribly neglected hood on my TBSS, among other things. I've been through quite a few full corrections with the PC, but this will be my first rodeo with the FLEX.

What are the main differences, technique-wise, between these two polishers? I've read a lot of threads and read about when to add DS/more polish, generating heat..., but I'd like to hear what the pros have to say.

Fire away......

3 answers to this question

A tad less pressure with the flex and remember everything will happen faster to pay attention to the polish and how its behaving/when the flash happens.

You'll have to get a feel for the pressure... if its walking you around you're pressing too hard. Other than that its pretty straight forward. Its very similar to the PC, but different at the same time (if that makes sense) make a few practice passes to get it dialed in.

Sub'd, Im sure after the winter I will be picking up a flex and enhancing my lineup. maybe take some pictures of our 4WD monsters next to each other since they are both black beautys. especially after I get my spring build header/cam/blue tops on my jeep, well see if you eat SRT8 ;) haha. Hope the pro's chime in for ya!

*edit*Pro already chimed in hahah

A tad less pressure with the flex and remember everything will happen faster to pay attention to the polish and how its behaving/when the flash happens.

You'll have to get a feel for the pressure... if its walking you around you're pressing too hard. Other than that its pretty straight forward. Its very similar to the PC, but different at the same time (if that makes sense) make a few practice passes to get it dialed in.

Remember with the force rotation the Flex will want to take off a bit when you hit a edge so hold on, like anything it will take a little practice.

BTW good answer Dylan.:2thumbs:

Archived