Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying using air

txredgt

Question

After doing a little searching I have found a car wash near me that uses (or has the abilities) to use compressed air to clean the car dry. First off, should I be using this even though I'm not too sure how clean that air really is from dirt? Secondly, I guess I should have asked this first before using it but I have tried it a time or two and it works good to get some water out of the cracks but when I use it on the flat panels the water seems to get spotty after the air dry. What would be doing this? Lack of wax on the car?

12 answers to this question

theres one by me like that too, idk i tend to stay away from things i don't have complete control over with my car. Usually its just not worth the risk, whether it be small or large.

Kind of what I'm thinking as well. It makes it a bit quicker but the end results may not be worth it.

I use a Metro Blaster to get the jambs etc. dried out, esp. around the lights and IN the mirrors. Works great in those tight spots where a towel won't reach.

And I would love to too but funds is too tight for something to dry the car as of now and my power source in my apt is not the best for even using the PC on my car so I have to use cordless stuff for the most part. I can't get perfection but I can keep it clean enough.

Go buy a $30 electric leaf blower.

Still need that all important power outlet to use it though. For now its me and my 2 great whites which are more than able to handle the work, just makes it to where I will need to catch the runs and whatnot before driving.

When water evaporates It leaves whatever minerals in it behind on the finish. So if your gonna blow the car dry, you'll need to be using deionized water to do the final rinse of the car. Otherwise I'd say stick with blowing out-the cracks and towel drying the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived