Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Cleaning Write Up feat. ACE Turbo Stick

Odds and Ends

Or the Alternative thread title...."Why Seal and Wax Your Wheels?"

The purpose of this thread is two fold:

1. - To illustrate the effectiveness of the Turbo Stick

2. - To see the effect of sealing and waxing your wheels.

No special techniques were used, but a little background on these wheels. These are my summer wheels...stock 19" rims but with a two tone finish only available on the special "Titanium Edition" version of the 2006 Cayenne. They get nasty in a short amount of time as Porsche has some of the dustiest OEM pads around. I wash the outward face at least once a week. These wheels were just fitted with brand new Toyo Proxes STII and while they were off the vehicle, got a thorough cleaning inside and out prior to remounting. They were then sealed with MSS all over including the barrels. What good does that do? It's a great way to make your wheels come clean much easier and with the help of the Turbo Stick, you can achieve about 98% effectiveness without having to remove the wheels.

- Darryl

Doesn't the GWC strip the MSS? Just curious. I've found that most just use a Car Shampoo after sealing the rims. Do you know what the PH of the GWC is?

The wheels look great BTW, nice job. I found the lug brush is my favorite brush on the outer edge of the wheels.

Archived