Customer Service 866.965.0400

For Plumbers

fdresq4

OK dumb question, having some work done in our house that required our water to be shut off and our downstairs toilet to be removed. There is currently a rag in the inlet. We have buckets of water filled to flush.

So my question can I flush an upstairs toilet without fear of a back feed from the downstairs pipe without the toilet on it?

Thanks,

Steve

Guest Gone & Forgotten

As long as the toilet main is stuffed with a rag/towel/newspaper, something - should be safe... stuffing the hole is mainly to keep the gasses from entering the home. If you have water flushing upstairs and back-flushing into the drain of another toilet, you may wanna hire them for that too.

I'm no plumber, but I've been remodeling homes for over 20 years.

You seriously need to make sure that toilet drain/main is plugged or stuffed with something you don't care about so the gasses don't enter the home. That stuff is horrid and can make you sick.

As long as the toilet main is stuffed with a rag/towel/newspaper, something - should be safe... stuffing the hole is mainly to keep the gasses from entering the home. If you have water flushing upstairs and back-flushing into the drain of another toilet, you may wanna hire them for that too.

I'm no plumber, but I've been remodeling homes for over 20 years.

You seriously need to make sure that toilet drain/main is plugged or stuffed with something you don't care about so the gasses don't enter the home. That stuff is horrid and can make you sick.

:iagree:

As long as it's not a great white drying towel! :lol:

You never know what you'll read on Adam's forums. :2thumbs:

NO,NO,NO, it has to be the Microfiber Utility Towels! :cheers: Heck I wouldn't even use those for this.

Thanks guys and Yes the inlet is stuffed with rags and no ordor coming in.

The toilet downstairs was only removed because it was in the way of the current project and had no problems with the plumbing. I just need to flush the upstair toilet and just wanted to make sure I did not have a back flow out of the stuffed inlet downstairs.

Archived