Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail: Camaro 2SS/RS 2011 (My Ride, Finally...)

neogenix

Hey Guys,

So for the last few months, my baby (which just hit 10k miles) has been parked outside (wife's car moved inside when we got it, and mine moved out... hers was newer, and I had aquariums on her side of the garage, so it only seemed fair), just before that time I scratched the c**p out of my car stupidly (see jack in the box thread), and then the landlord fixed the sprinkler systems (which hadn't worked for a few months) on a weekend when I didn't leave for a few days, which ended up with half of my car getting watered (which didn't make it grow AT ALL!!, not cool dude, not cool!!) and water spots covering the whole thing, and then we had a few weeks of > 100 degrees, which didn't help. I did a few other folks cars, but I hadn't given my baby the love it deserved since I got my adams gear... until today :) I feel like this has been my equivalent of the `mona lisa` of my own work thus far... SHINY! I've done most of the car, and will finish there rest up tomorrow (interior, and some bits and pieces) but in the meanwhile, here're the pics.

Process (Products - All Adams) :

1) Wheels (Wheel Brush, Fender and Tire Brush, PowerStick, Green Wheel Cleaner, Under Carriage Spray, All Purpose Cleaner)

2) Wash Engine Bay (Fender and Tire Brush, All Purpose Cleaner)

3) Hose Down, and Wash (Buckets, Grit Guards, Car Shampoo, Large Wash Pad, Small Wash Pad)

4) Dry (Detail Spray, Great White Drying Towel)

5) Clay, and Wipe Down - Including Glass (Detail Spray, Clay, MF Towel)

6) HARD CORE Polish (PC 7424, Severe Swirl Remover + Focus Pad, Swirl & Haze Remover + Focus Pad, Fine Machine Polish + Focus Pad, MF Towel, Detail Spray)

7) Wax (Americana, Double Soft MF Towel)

8) Plastic Bits and Engine Bay (In and Out Spray, VRT, Sponge Block, Tire Applicator, MF Towel)

9) Glass Clean, and Glass Buff (Glass Cleaner, Glass Towels, MF Towels)

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Wow. I'm doing my Black LS now. Halfway into it - Just have to Polish, Seal paint, glaze and wax - then glass, dress tires, etc.

But I HOPE I have the same results.

I made videos, not photos, to be more annoying.

Great job man.

Wow. I'm doing my Black LS now. Halfway into it - Just have to Polish, Seal paint, glaze and wax - then glass, dress tires, etc.

But I HOPE I have the same results.

I made videos, not photos, to be more annoying.

Great job man.

Thanks! And, I don't have the patience for videos ;) I'm no junkman either... :P

Just an fyi, in the city where your plate is should be ok but don't let state troopers see it. Ask the fella who knows.

Thanks... I actually got caught breaking other laws this week on my way up to austin for work, didn't seem to poke me about it, but I'm sure at some point they will. I'm getting the under-bumper asian style mount for it to avoid having to drill holes in the front... it's like they design cars, and forget they need plates. Granted, you should also comment on the detailing :P:lolsmack:

Guest Gone & Forgotten

On your focus pads, drill or PC? I just removed the residue from the SHR, and will Polish when I get up tomorrow. BUT I noticed a few little areas I need to 'focus' on.

I've used the Focus pads with the drill numerous times, but NEVER on MY NEW BLACK CAMARO lol.

Hey,

That looks amazing.

Quick question, when you say "SSR + Focus pad, S&H + Focus", etc. Does that mean you did a pass with a fullsize pad first, then one with the 4"?

No, certain places on the camaro the big pads just don't work, so I used the focus pads in those areas. There were a handful of other places that the scratches, or marks, were deep enough that I wanted to focus there too, and broke the lil bad boys out there too.

On your focus pads, drill or PC? I just removed the residue from the SHR, and will Polish when I get up tomorrow. BUT I noticed a few little areas I need to 'focus' on.

I've used the Focus pads with the drill numerous times, but NEVER on MY NEW BLACK CAMARO lol.

PC this time around, which is how I ended up with a mark on the back area, but usually with the drill, then I go over it with the big pads on the PC (that's what I did for my wifes Mini)

Real nice job!:2thumbs:

Thanks!

8106d1317531715-photo-oct-01-6-09-28-pm.jpg

:drool::drool: That came out amazing!

Thanks! I think so too! I have a few more I'll post shortly

Great work!

Thanks!!

Holy ****, nice job man. Top 5....easy.

You know it's good if I post during my Bills game :)

I don't know if I'd go that far, it's not absolutely perfect yet! Thanks though!!

• 4 months later...

Archived