Customer Service 866.965.0400

Underhood. What to use to clean Ceramic Headers,Intake,Covers

ssbusdrvr

Question

Can you recommend a product to clean Ceramic Coated Headers and Intake Tube along with Aluminum Intake Box. Tried the Detail Spray but it still appeared to leave smudges on the tube and aluminum.

Used VRT and In and Out Spray with imho good success on all the rubber,plastic items.

The SC Top and Side Covers are "rough" Powder Coated Aluminum Can you use the same products on those as well.

Anyone make/sell a tool to clean the hard to reach areas Thanks:)

2v85t2a.jpg

15y9n49.jpg

5 answers to this question

Metal Polish #1 and #2 on the bare aluminum parts and ceramic coated headers. although that will be a PITA to polish the headers. for normal washing of the engine, just follow the steps in the instructional videos!

Instructional Detailing Videos

the trim and lug nut brush works wonders on hard to reach areas.

save your SVRT and IN&OUT spray for all the black plastic & rubber pieces. the in&out works really well on all the rubber hoses under the hood.

for the powdercoated aluminum cover, a coat of BG i bet will look really good!

and the most important thing when cleaning the engine bay... be sure the motor is not warm! if you drive it regularly let it cool for at least 2-4 hours with the hood open so that the heat does not mess with the products you use.

Thanks will order some polish.

save your SVRT and IN&OUT spray for all the black plastic & rubber pieces. the in&out works really well on all the rubber hoses under the hood.
Absolutely love those products Makes detailing the rubber and plastic so much easier with much better results imho:D

For hard to reach areas it's really tough to beat Slick Stixx. A friend of mine sent these as a Christmas gift and was probably one of the coolest things I've received. Great for engine bay detailing and motorcycles if you have any of those clients. Another brand company carries them but I think it would be cool if Adam put his name on a set :2thumbs:.

Archived