Customer Service 866.965.0400

Any 2nd gen charger owners?

ChargerMatt

Question

I am wondering what the hell I should be using on the pillars of my doors... it's not like a metal or plastic, it's somewhere in between and I have no idea what the kind of material is.

Anyone know what the heck I'm talking about and know what to use on it for the best results?

12 answers to this question

hmmm, I just looked up the photos of the new charger and I see what you mean. I have that on my honda believe it or not. it's almost like a metal but with a flat black platicy paint right?

I haven't put anything on it but if it's fading or something, try some SVRT in one spot and something like maybe the spray glaze on another. The worst that iwll happen is the VRT will wash off eventually and the glaze will turn a bit white, not like you can't get it off with some all purpose cleaner.

Personally, if you know of a good shop, I might look into having it cleared. I am doing that with the roof rails on my Jeep.

wouldnt recommend vrt, its not the kind of plastic its designed for. i know on my cleared pillars on the acadia i use the pc just like on paint only I monitor the heat of the panel and go slow (dylan's suggestion). I know what you are talking about on the charger but Im not sure what to use.

it seems more like vinyl to me, but I dunno what it really is. I use SVRT on mine and it doesn't seem to hurt anything. :) Mine aren't scratched or anything so I haven't thought about "fixing" them, just making them look a little better.

Archived