Customer Service 866.965.0400

4" Pad Question

07RS4

Question

Ok people...so I finally got the PC about a week ago. As you know I cleaned the interior to near perfection this past weekend, then I did the Clay, APC, Iron Cut, APC wash again to prep for the Polish. I also, did the undercarriage painting that I asked about a few months ago (I'll post pics in due time). But now I'm in to polishing.

Here is my first question...I have more, but the wife is calling me to eat dinner, haha.

1. I'm using the 4" pads on the front quarters because, well there just easier to manuever in the tights spaces. My question is this. I have the setting on four....Is the pad supposed to be spinning, or not at all? Which gets the best results? I tried both ways, and I see similiar results so far...

I ask, because in the video, Adam says that you need a slight rotation to get the correction you want, but I also found a post that Dylan said it shouldn't be spinning at all.

Thoughts please before I start another panel tonight. THANK YOU!

4 answers to this question

Ok people...so I finally got the PC about a week ago. As you know I cleaned the interior to near perfection this past weekend, then I did the Clay, APC, Iron Cut, APC wash again to prep for the Polish. I also, did the undercarriage painting that I asked about a few months ago (I'll post pics in due time). But now I'm in to polishing.

Here is my first question...I have more, but the wife is calling me to eat dinner, haha.

1. I'm using the 4" pads on the front quarters because, well there just easier to manuever in the tights spaces. My question is this. I have the setting on four....Is the pad supposed to be spinning, or not at all? Which gets the best results? I tried both ways, and I see similiar results so far...

I ask, because in the video, Adam says that you need a slight rotation to get the correction you want, but I also found a post that Dylan said it shouldn't be spinning at all.

Thoughts please before I start another panel tonight. THANK YOU!

It'll be virtually impossible to stop such a small pad from spinning at all without putting down a TON of pressure so you'll see some spinning... thats normal. Just use about the same amount of pressure you'd use on the full size pads. Doesn't take much.

It'll be virtually impossible to stop such a small pad from spinning at all without putting down a TON of pressure so you'll see some spinning... thats normal. Just use about the same amount of pressure you'd use on the full size pads. Doesn't take much.

Got it sir. Thank you!

Archived