Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dern South Caroline Hard Water! Grrrr

AudiOx

Question

So I had some business in Florence, SC this past weekend. I was parked at the hotel over the weekend, and upon leaving, noticed that all the sprinklers were apparently aimed at my parking spot rather than the grass. :explode:

Much of it had already dried (probably from the previous day). I tested one little dried drop against my wet finger to no avail. :eek:

I finally got a chance to test an area tonight, the trunk lid.

Waterless wash....nada. :eek: :eek:

Claybar w/ detail spray....nada. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ok, out comes the white distilled vinegar. :xfingers:

It worked...whew :D, but not without some elbow grease.

I basically had to scrub each spot with a micro fiber and vinegar a lot. I flushed it with detail spray afterwards and then touched up a few more spots I didn't totally remove.

It took about 10-15 minutes of scrubbing just to finish the trunk lid.

This is gonna be a chore to finish it all as the whole car is covered.

I'll get the car washed this weekend and go to work. I'm still not done correcting the paint and I caused some microscratches with all the scrubbing even as careful as I was so this is a step back.

That is some HARD water.....hard to remove that is.

3 answers to this question

Heyyyy thats my state you're talking about. Lol j/k. I don't have a problem with hard water in Lexington. What were you doing in Florence? My dad lives there. Just my curiosity kicking in again.

Heyyyy thats my state you're talking about. Lol j/k. I don't have a problem with hard water in Lexington. What were you doing in Florence? My dad lives there. Just my curiosity kicking in again.

I'm a music judge for the Barbershop Harmony Society. Thus, every fall and spring (contest seasons) I travel to judge quartets and choruses in the competitions.

Archived