Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC stopped working...

CrawlinTBSS

Question

Well im doing a car today, and about 3/4 way throught my PC has shutoff and wont turn on. Ive had it about 6 months, used for about 20 cars total. I turned it off cause i was done with the set, went to the next, flipped the switch and nothing. then after a few flicks it started up, ran for another set. turned it off, then upon starting the next, it wouldnt start again. Now it doesnt want to do anything. Its not overheated. Sometimes when i hit the switch i gets power for bout .5sec then is off.

Any ideas? Adams have any warranty for 1 year or anything? or do i need to deal with PC.

either way.. sucks cause i didnt even finish the car.

7 answers to this question

Ryan,

The machine is completely covered by us so you're good there, but just in case its something simple lets see if we can figure it out before you send it in b/c you will be without it for a few days otherwise.

Are you using the appropriate gauge extension cord?

Have you tried it in another outlet to make sure its not a problem with the plug you're using?

Is there any visual separation, cuts, or fraying of the cord near the housing or elsewhere ?

Ryan,

The machine is completely covered by us so you're good there, but just in case its something simple lets see if we can figure it out before you send it in b/c you will be without it for a few days otherwise.

Are you using the appropriate gauge extension cord?

Have you tried it in another outlet to make sure its not a problem with the plug you're using?

Is there any visual separation, cuts, or fraying of the cord near the housing or elsewhere ?

No visual problems with the cord. i keep the PC safely on the shelf when not used. Never been dropped. always layed on my chair when i put it down.

Tried a few different extension cords, and just plugging into different wall sockets to see if the cord was my issue as well.

every once and a while when i flick the switch, like i said gets a blip of power then dead.

Im leaning towards switch as well.

and i just remembered, it did this too me last week when i got to the last panel i was doing on the car. couple of tries then it worked and i was done with it for the day. forgot that happened, and it worked all morning today til about 3/4 way through.

Archived