Customer Service 866.965.0400

magnetic football helmet

gymrat7953

Question

I havn't seen it yet but my sister in law put a magnetic football helmet on her pearl white door. She's since taken it off and it , of course, left a helmet image on the paint. My solution is to wash, clay , swirl n'Haze, FMP, glaze and americana. Any other ideas? This is why stickers / magnets or anything else never goes on the paint.

2 answers to this question

I havn't seen it yet but my sister in law put a magnetic football helmet on her pearl white door. She's since taken it off and it , of course, left a helmet image on the paint. My solution is to wash, clay , swirl n'Haze, FMP, glaze and americana. Any other ideas? This is why stickers / magnets or anything else never goes on the paint.

I highly doubt you'll have to go the the measures in bold.

I had the same incident one time many years ago.

A large Denver Broncos magnetic logo was "embeded" into the rear tailgate of a large SUV a friend purchased from the auction. You could clearly make out every detail of the logo except for the color, so you and I could only imagine how long it had been on the vehicle. The hardest part to remove was the very border where the log edged the vehicle.... obvious magnet for rain, dirt, debris and whatnot to set in.

A wash, dry and wax removed everything with no proof of the logo's existance.

But your [extreme] measures will certainly not hurt.

Good luck.

Archived