Customer Service 866.965.0400

Layering- Possible with Buttery Wax?

WaxOnWaxOff

Question

Jason, do you know if multiple applications of Buttery Wax results in "layering" of wax? I know some water based carnauba waxes say this is the case.

In Buttering my vehicles, as the detail freak-show that I am :banana:- I enjoy doing multiple applications (by hand). The shine does get better, but do you know if the wax is layering up, or are the emulsifiers removing the previous application?

Thanks!

Jim B

13 answers to this question

JB! Just saw your question and thought I'd answer it: You can layer the Buttery Wax, however, in our testing, the durability and shine seemed to level off at three applications. The 4th and 5th applications, over a 6-week period, didn't add much.

We might have a paste wax soon, and that will be a product that has thus far proven to have added depth with six applications over six weeks.

Stay tuned my friend, and please say hello to your boys for me!

-Adam:thumbsup:

Hey Adam,

Okay, so the 5th and 6th applications will do no good except keep me out of trouble. I'll take that!

Yes, roll a paste wax out for goofballs like me that obsess over waxing and re-waxing our vehicles. I can't wait.

The boys say "hi" back. How's your little angel?

JB

The paste we have been working on is easy to remove, but probably not quite as easy as the Buttery.

Typically, here is the relationship durability has to ease of use: Inverse.

Point being, the most durable products out there are typically pretty tough to apply or remove. Buttery wax is super easy, however, has a limited durability.

Our very, very cold UPS man, Dave, just dropped off the latest revision of our Paste Wax samples this morning.

Since it's now below zero, I'll be getting a good idea of what happens when the wax applied to a super cold surface!

Hi Adam & Jim,

Jim, When you say Dawn I hope you are talking about early morning and not the dish soap! Adam, you aren't going to let Jim wash his car with dish soap are you, Bro?

I love the new forum! May I have a Founder avatar please!

Eric

Adam, will the paste wax be harder to remove?

Being that I always start with a wash with dawn and clay every spring.

Adam- get that stuff cooked up and out of the kitchen! I know there are a BUNCH of folks here in Portland waiting for it.

I guess we're gluttons for punishment; we'll take that "hard to remove" for the satisfaction of a longer lasting product. With the rain and road grime in Or-E-gun, your paste wax will be the answer!

JB

Hi Adam & Jim,

Jim, When you say Dawn I hope you are talking about early morning and not the dish soap! Adam, you aren't going to let Jim wash his car with dish soap are you, Bro?

Eric

Dawn dishsoap works great for removing wax and soft contaminants prior to a clay,polish and new wax.

Dawn dishsoap works great for removing wax and soft contaminants prior to a clay,polish and new wax.

There is quite a bit of disagreement in regards to using dish soap as car wash. No one will argue that does a thorough job on removing sealants, waxes, and other crud, the arguement is over time, what will washing your paint with dish soap do, especially on trim. Some argue it will dry the trim out.

I have no idea what it will do but just to be safe, if I want a particularily strong wash, I will mix APC at 10:1 or a quality degreaser at 20:1 in my wash. Some people also use a stong concentration of a citrus wash to strip the paint.

Hi Adam & Jim,

Eric

Hello Eric,

Nope:lolsmack: I mean Dawn dish soap,I haven't found anything better to use to take the wax off,it just makes the clay bar go much faster:burnout: