Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's New Quick Sealant FTW!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What could possibly be the reasons for hating a clear bra?

After three and a half years, they start looking like poo! You have to be careful in the coin-ops or when using any pressure washer, the finish is not as shiny and clear as paint, they yellow over time, when a rock hits them, it creates a little void between it and the paint. Can be a PITB when waxing if you don't tape them off.

Other than that, I love it. I won't get one again on my DD... Who am I saving the paint for? The next owner? On a garage queen, maybe.

I somewhat take Chewy's side on this too... none of my vehicles have ever had a clear bra. I address whatever chips arise with langka when needed, and if they ever get to the point of being too far gone (and I plan on continuing to own vehicle) I have the front end reshot.

The hassle has never been worth it to me. I get where it makes sense for a lot of people, just hasn't ever been something I've needed/wanted.

I had a clear bra on my SS but took it off when I had my front license plate holes filled in. I still have the clears running along the sides of the body on the bottom but I want to take those off now since I only drive about 5-7 miles a week in it. Just worried there may be some damage when I remove it. If I get any chips I deal with that when it happens with some touch up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I agree with you guys. Thanks!

For what a clear bra cost if done by a pro.......you could probably get 3 paint jobs done on a front bumper.......so far my bumper is still lookin' good for being eight years old, even though I drive only 6 month's out of the year.

Archived