Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's New Quick Sealant FTW!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks good! How'd the application go for you... I think thats officially the biggest vehicle its been used on so far. :rockon:

Dylan, whole truck.... less than 30 minutes. Regular paste wax usually takes about an hour or so.

Had to get it ready for a parade tomorrow!

This is something I would defiantly recommend to every Fire Department... My reasoning, took me less than 30 minutes to do the entire truck alone. Usually with 2-3 guys it might take about 1-2 hours to wax a Fire Engine, which results in trucks not getting waxed very often and poor paint 10 years down the road which then leads to a truck being refurbed. It's also fairly cheap and can probably do about 20 truck with one can.

• 3 months later...
Is it OK to wax first then apply the quick sealant?

You will not get the longevity of the QS vs. applied directly to the paint, but there are no issues with applying the products in this order. I did this for extra bug protection and it worked great.

Nail. Head. Mike hit it.

You'll be missing out on some of the benefit of using a sealant (the longer durability) as when the wax begins to break down/melt its going to take the sealant with it, versus if it were applied underneath.

A great way to use it though is for those front areas of the car as a short term solution to add more protection before a road trip or driving in an area with lots of bugs.

So what happens to the sealant in the long run? Does it just build up or wear away? How often should you apply it and should you do any top-layer removal of wax?

It will eventually 'expire' and will need to be reapplied. Longevity is expected to be about 3-4 months on bare paint, but we are seeing 6 months of beading.

Not sure it this answered your question.

Nail. Head. Mike hit it.

You'll be missing out on some of the benefit of using a sealant (the longer durability) as when the wax begins to break down/melt its going to take the sealant with it, versus if it were applied underneath.

A great way to use it though is for those front areas of the car as a short term solution to add more protection before a road trip or driving in an area with lots of bugs.

You mean like this?

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4158.jpg

:lolsmack:

Theres a joke hidden in this comment that I'm not gonna touch. :jester:

Hehehe...

That temp clear bra material that sticks to your paint like tape would be VERY useful for instances like that. :thumbsup:

Archived