Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just my luck...

the1inblue

So today my little girl wanted to play the Xbox Kinect. So I fire up the Xbox 360 console up and have you know it the sensor gives me an error stating its not level. :willy: Well I havent played with the kinect in a few days and its been sitting in the same spot for the past 8 months. Well I get online to check to see if I can get it sent off to repaired by Xbox and As I register the kinect I see that the warranty expired yesterday (11/25/2011). So I'm thinking great! Well since thinking I'm sure the Kinect has been broken since I havent used it in a few days and not sure when it it actually stop working. I guess I just havent realized it because I dont use it much and no error occurred when the Xbox starts up to the home screen. Here's a tip for you that have a Kinect if you EVER get a red light to come on the Kinect Senso check your settings and ensure its working properly. I decided to call customer service to see if they would work with me on this issue of the warranty and of course they wouldnt do anything about it but try and charge me $89 for a refurbished product. They stated they would send after two weeks. Funny part is that I can get a new one for $99...Maybe I should switch to PS3...I been a Microsoft user for long time but after this I'm not sure what to think about them.

:explode:

Yeah this makes me really upset about Microsoft. Ive had all the Xboxs and not one has ever died on me. I get the kinect and exactly a year later it dies out of warranty. What kinda of crap is that! Note to self buy the extended warranty. Needless to say I will not be buying another anytime soon as I have a Wii and that will keep my daughter company until then.

Sorry to hear about your issue! Seeing as the warranty expired only yesterday you would think Microsoft could help you out. But this is what we get these days ...

PS3 is def the way to go, however I hope you can get your Kinect back up and working soon!

Get real, and build a PC with real video game power!<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :lolsmack:</v:shapetype> No game system will ever touch the high resolution of a high end computer monitor!!:2thumbs: Don't hate player, hate the game...

Get real, and build a PC with real video game power!<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :lolsmack:</v:shapetype> No game system will ever touch the high resolution of a high end computer monitor!!:2thumbs: Don't hate player, hate the game...

They are definately clear, but I'll take a 60" 3D crystal clear display with a PS3 over a CPU anyday. The PS3 hasn't even been challenged for what it can do yet. One patch update, and bam, 3D Blu-Ray player.

Bought mine in Dec '07, and a blu-ray, game or Netflix are always on, haven't had any issues yet. Knock on wood :)

ive been through 3 xbox's, only paid for one :). im a smooth talker i guess, and enough of a complainer haha. companies would much rather have a happy customer then a bad review of their work. Some people may say that makes me a bad person, but after 2 RROD i think its just right they fix it on their dime. hope you get it figured out!

Archived