Customer Service 866.965.0400

Flex 4" Pads

Slava

Question

8 answers to this question

Not possible actually...

The backing plate incorporates a gear like part in the rear of the backing plate that drives the forced rotation part of the movement. Because of this the design of the backing plate is limited in how small it can be made:

P10_DK342637_1.gif

The smallest plate they make for the 3401 is 4.5" I believe, but when you add in the outer diamter of the pad you're back around 5" + of pad and its not enough of a difference vs. the standard size to really even bother with it.

The smallest plate that Flex makes for the 3401 is 4 3/8". LC has an interchangeable plate that will be released in January. It has an intermediate plate with the gear drive and then an interchangable velcro backing plates in both 4" and 6". Kind of a cool concept, will be interesting to see how it performs in the real world.

The smallest plate that Flex makes for the 3401 is 4 3/8". LC has an interchangeable plate that will be released in January. It has an intermediate plate with the gear drive and then an interchangable velcro backing plates in both 4" and 6.5". Kind of a cool concept, will be interesting to see how it performs in the real world.

I saw the concept plate at SEMA.... didn't seem stable enough, and word was it was still a long ways away from release ready.

I saw the concept plate at SEMA.... didn't seem stable enough, and word was it was still a long ways away from release ready.

Ahh...see that was exactly what I had feared when I looked at the pictures. They are currently saying it will be shipping in Jan, so I hope they either improved on the design or redesigned that prototype.

I should have my kit in about 1/1.5weeks Dylan.

I'll report how it holds up/works.

Archived