Customer Service 866.965.0400

My first black car!! ...err Truck!!

SLOWpoke

Okay okay so its not mine, its my uncles. Did a paint correction today for him I believe his truck is a 99' model...this thing was SWIRLED ALL UP!!! NEVER been clayed..he told me he'd polished it before and brought his "buffer" over..Autozone kind :rolleyes:

Sound track: Bullet for my Valentine, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, ZZ Top, and Johnny Winter

Here's what I did:

2 bucket wash

Detail Spray and dry with absorber

Clay

2 passes with Severe Swirl and Haze

2 passes with Swirl and Haze

1 pass of Fine Machine

1 coat of Brilliant Glaze

1 coat of Meguiars Gold Class Wax sorry ;)

1 coat of SVRT on the trim and tires

Before:

Imagine this on the WHOLE car!!!

th_IMG_1631.jpg

One panel..heres the clay :lolsmack:

th_IMG_1634.jpg

After 2 passes of SSH

th_IMG_1643.jpg

After 2 passes of SHR

th_IMG_1645.jpg

Finished shots,,I have 2 bikes now lol ;)

th_IMG_1656.jpg

th_IMG_1660.jpg

Happy Uncle

th_IMG_1663.jpg

Thanks guys!!! The entire process took just about all day 10am-5pm I'd say but hey I got some PRACTICE!!!! ....and an achy back...and achy shoulders...and I worked the next day..and working 5 more after that :lolsmack: BUT..as I said this is PRACTICE for me, and he was super thrilled and happy. Which is all I care about. I'm 100% positive that future paint corrections and details will be better as my technique improves. I'm still VERY MUCH LEARNING!! :pc:

Fortunately I have 5 more cars lined up over the next month (Dylan and Adam) expect some orders :thumbsup: There's a red Audi I MAY do a write up on, probably skip pics and all on the red Chevy truck, my moms pearl white G35 I'll skip pics on, a friends black BWM :xfingers: (sorry I'm Lexus through and through), and my dads silver 350Z drop top I WILL do a write up and pics on. Along with 2 interior details..busy busy busy!

So LOTS and LOTS of practice for me in the near future!! Parents cars are a part of their Christmas presents, the rest I'm charging for to cover product and my time on my Saturdays off BUT if everyone is happy maybe word of mouth will get out and it'll be a regular deal..will see on that though..I certainly wouldn't turn any away as I need to hasten my house funds :D apartment living is great and all but my 5'5 135lbs butt needs SPACE and 800sqft ain't cutting it!! lol

HOWEVER I am MORE than blessed to have a GREAT job with a company I love and am passionate about, a roof over my head, what I consider a VERY nice car that gets pampered with AMAZING Adams products and rests in a garage, a DD that is reliable and gets me from A to B, food on my table, a great dog, awesome family and friends, and an UNREAL Drop Dead GORGEOUS sweetest thing on the planet as my girl :drool: Very lucky to have those things in my life and very lucky to get turned on to Adams products for car care at a young ole age of 26!! :rockon:

Again thanks you guys!! Knowing I got ya'lls seal of approval means I'm on the right track! :2thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Okay okay so its not mine, its my uncles. Did a paint correction today for him I believe his truck is a 99' model...this thing was SWIRLED ALL UP!!! NEVER been clayed..he told me he'd polished it before and brought his "buffer" over..Autozone kind :rolleyes:

Sound track: Bullet for my Valentine, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, ZZ Top, and Johnny Winter

Here's what I did:

2 bucket wash

Detail Spray and dry with absorber

Clay

2 passes with Severe Swirl and Haze

2 passes with Swirl and Haze

1 pass of Fine Machine

1 coat of Brilliant Glaze

1 coat of Meguiars Gold Class Wax sorry ;)

1 coat of SVRT on the trim and tires

Before:

Imagine this on the WHOLE car!!!

th_IMG_1631.jpg

One panel..heres the clay :lolsmack:

th_IMG_1634.jpg

After 2 passes of SSH

th_IMG_1643.jpg

After 2 passes of SHR

th_IMG_1645.jpg

Finished shots,,I have 2 bikes now lol ;)

th_IMG_1656.jpg

th_IMG_1660.jpg

Happy Uncle

th_IMG_1663.jpg

Proper metal music always helps me detail better too:cheers:

Archived