Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stubborn 'ink' mark on the leather

AudiOx

Question

Detailing the convertible today, I see I have a new blemish to address.

There are two, linear, purple marks. It looks like the ink from a receipt or similar. LIC did nothing. Before I attack it with a bunch of stuff, I figure I'd ask the experts.

purplemark.JPG

7 answers to this question

I got it out using a touch of Lysol per my wife's suggestion.

BUT be very careful as it wants to take the dye out of the seat. Fortunately I didn't really have to scrub.

I then followed up with LIC and LC.

I'll try the rubbing alcohol next time as Adam suggested. Duh, I should have searched the forums first. :loser:

P.S. I also got those 2 dirty spots on the upper part of the picture out with LIC. Nothing like a picture to show you spots you missed.

why is it that these links are not working here? i am using mozilla firefox.. really need stuffs that could help me remove those nasty ink that spilled om my leather seats.....:(

why is it that these links are not working here? i am using mozilla firefox.. really need stuffs that could help me remove those nasty ink that spilled om my leather seats.....:(

Not sure Hybes, they work fine with Chrome. Maybe try a different browser or the search function.

I had an ink stain from, believe it or not, my hat!! Said hat is now in the trash can and left a nice little spot on my passenger side front seat where I sit it when I'm driving. I tried to use some IPA and it got most of it out but I didn't want to rub it too hard since it looked like it was starting to take some of the dye out of the red leather. I stopped using the IPA and got the L&IC out and sprayed all of the seats and gave them a gentle scrubbing with the L&IC brush, wiped them dry and then gave them a liberal amount of LC to keep the leather nice and supple during the winter months. Needless to say I'm debating on getting seat covers to help protect the seats but I hope I didn't create a worse spot trying to get the ink stain out. Hopefully it was just dirt on the seat itself.

Unfortunately no pics of this since I had to do this outside since the Jeep has been hogging the garage up for a month :(

Archived