Customer Service 866.965.0400

I think I am OK, but...

randyfox

Question

I am sure I am not the only one this has happened to...

Yesterday I spent the whole day polishing my Tundra. It was getting late and I was going to call it a day with only the tailgate and front bumper remaining. The truck sits outside because it is a) too big for the garage and B) the '55 and 350Z already occupy real estate. As I was eating (a late) dinner, it happened...rain! :willy: It rained all night. There was no sealant on the paint. What I am really concerned with is water spots in the paint. I should be OK with just washing it and inspecting the paint for etching, right? Worse case scenario would be needing to hit it once more with just FMP I suppose. To make matters worse, I really can't get at it today because it's still ugly out. Please tell me I am just being paranoid and everything will be juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine. :xfingers:

4 answers to this question

You should be alright with just a good wash and thorough inspection, if there are spots that don't come out with the wash then maybe do spot treatments to the affected areas. You may even be able to do it by hand without needing to break out the PC if its not too extensive. No worries! I think you'll be juuuuuust fine.

OK, figured I was alright. I didn't drive it. All I did was move last night so I could get the Z out of the garage this morning. It was still dry then.

I just looked at it while I was out checking the mail. It looks fine. The weather should be much improved tomorrow. Looks like I am going to wash it, finish the tailgate and bumper and seal that sucker! The color is Radiant Red, so with some MSS, BG and then some Americana you know it's going to melt faces!

Archived