Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car/Truck battery.......

2008fx4

recently went to purchase a battery for my jeep. Went to a local Batteries Plus because i wanted to get an Optima yellow top. However, once i got there they didnt have the one i wanted, and it turns out optimas are made in mexico now.

Well, i had replaced the batteries in my f250 with X2 Power batteries a little over a year ago, so i decided to go with their AGM battery (same catagory as an Optima - gel versus lead plates). Turns out, the X2 batteries are made in the USA. What a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for that piece on the X2 type batteries. I need to replace the ones in my truck and will stop by see what they have. It is getting harder and harder to find things made in the USA. The last battery I purchased was made by Exide (Bristol, Tennessee, USA).

I am surprised you said Mexico since everything else is going to China.

I have used Optima for 15 years and in the last couple years the quality has dropped dramatically. They definitely are not what they used to be. We have had at least 6 die in the last two years. I had two in my truck and they both went bad, left me stranded. I now have two Die Hard Platinum's and they turn my diesel over in the cold no problem! not sure where they're made, but I'll check. One of the largest battery MFGrs is Deka and they're right in PA! BTW, those lightweight Braile batteries are simply relabeled Dekas.

I have used Optima for 15 years and in the last couple years the quality has dropped dramatically. They definitely are not what they used to be. We have had at least 6 die in the last two years. I had two in my truck and they both went bad, left me stranded. I now have two Die Hard Platinum's and they turn my diesel over in the cold no problem! not sure where they're made, but I'll check. One of the largest battery MFGrs is Deka and they're right in PA! BTW, those lightweight Braile batteries are simply relabeled Dekas.

X2! Optima is no where near what they used to be. I'm running an Odyssey battery in my Jeep but after that I learned that the Sears Die Hard Platinum's are re-badged Odyssey batteries. Judging by their website they are made here in the USA and also in the UK.

I have heard nothing but good things about Deka batteries as well. I have a Sears about 10 minutes from my house so I will probably be picking up a Die Hard Platinum battery for my next one.

Best darn batteries on the market.... period!

Archived