Customer Service 866.965.0400

Undercarriage

gokushamax

Question

10 answers to this question

I set up a lawn sprinkler in my driveway and drive back n' forth over it; then using the long handle fender brush catch what I can. Then I apply Super VRT on everything I can reach and under carriage spray on what I can't reach.

My wife thinks that I'm crazy but I'm happy.... alls good.

I have a Jeep so I can slide right under, but when I had my Mazda3 I would use ramps sometimes. You can get them for like $50 at Advance Auto. Won't give you a ton of room but gives you good enough access for cleaning.

ive been thinking about buying one of these! 16" BE Undercarriage Cleaner w/24" Extension Wand 22mm Inlet for Pressure Washer | eBay

And also to really make sure im protected ill use "Salt-Away" its used in the marine industry but has also found a home in detail nuts like us that don't take our cars to car washes :jester:

http://www.amazon.com/Salt-Away-Products-Mixer-Combo-32oz/dp/B0000AXNJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325777132&sr=8-1

It does really work! i have a jetski and this truely has prevented any corrosion or salt built up on my PWC. :thumbsup:

Great timing on this thread!

This past weekend I started cleaning the undercarriage on the 4Runner and loved the difference in how it looked. But the Vette is not as easy to roll under to clean! :willy:

Before Pic on the 4Runner

IMG_4133.jpg

After Pic on the 4Runner

IMG_4134.jpg

My car is extremely low so I have to roll my car onto 2x4 blocks and that raises it slightly. After that I just throw a car jack under it and go to town. I have chassis stiffening which makes it much easier to jack the car up.

I will be getting a set of these very soon for the G8. They are the bees knees of ramps! :2thumbs:

I don't regret getting mine at all. Didn't need them for the Suburban though.

Archived