Customer Service 866.965.0400

wheel paint correction

gokushamax

Question

What kind of process do you guys use to correct the finish on painted wheels? I think the pattern of my wheels is called a star pattern where the hub is connected to the rim with 5 thick spokes. Hard to get to with anything but a hand applicator- those 3" yellow foam disc for general detailing? Cloth covered sponge applicator? Small machine pads with a drill?

6 answers to this question

I'd say go with machine Polishing with the 4" pads on a cordless drill. But even here theres going to be some spots you can't safely get into with those.

No matter how you look at it, some hand polishing is going to be needed as you simply won't be able to cram a machine into all the areas you need to. The smaller pads will get most... for the rest I'd go with either Adam's Flip Pad 2-Sided Hand Polish Applicator or Adam's Microfiber Applicator Pads and work by hand.

Ouch...it hurts to look at these. I say sand blast them and go Matte black that way you don't run into this problem.

hahaha the paint color is perfect for the car but matte black is Sweet i'll give you that.. especially the whole car.. but that's another story altogether..

i'll post some pics for sure.. i didn't get the 4" focus pad kit with my stuff but i like the looks of it..

Archived