Customer Service 866.965.0400

foolish haste

babaron

Question

10 answers to this question

How long did you let MSS cure for? There should be no need for a reclay since you don't need to pull up contaminants from the paint again, worst case scenario just strip the wax with either IPA wipedown, wash with a bit of APC mixed into your shampoo, or a dawn wash and it should take both layers off and give you a platform for re-applying.

(Edited, removed comment, don't want to give OP incorrect info)

You may even be able to get away with just reapplying MSS again over what you currently have in the paint, letting it cure properly and then reapplying more Buttery, now that would should produce an AWESOME shine and give you some serious protection.

Bad intel. Super Sealant needs to be applied to clean paint in order to bond. If you re-apply the sealant, strip with IPA or strip wash (using dawn or all purpose cleaner).

thx. washing is out of question since this is my 1969 camaro and it hasn't seen water for decades. I'll do an IPA wipedown then reseal then WAIT...then, wax.

btw, this started when i took off the rear spoiler and saw the ugly crud and discoloration that accumulated after 14 yrs underneath. wish i had taken a picture of it. had to clean and polish it back to life and now its as glass smooth as the rest of the decklid.:thumbsup:

In my foolish haste, I inadvertantly put buttery wax over the machine super sealant without allowing it to cure.

What should I do to correct this? Reclay and start over or what?:lolsmack:

I think that I would just wipe the Buttery off and leave it alone for a few days and re wipe if needed!

I'm actually kind of glad I was wrong earlier I didn't know all this about MSS. I was totally under the impression that MSS could layer on top of something else. What would happen if you wanted to apply MSS on top of itself as a second coat or just to make sure you are covering areas evenly? Would you be doing more harm with that second layer than good?

Archived