Customer Service 866.965.0400

I am going to be cold!

whiterp199

Hi Guys

I am going to be a participant in the polar plunge this year to support the special Olympics in WI. I have set a goal of $75 as this is my first year participating. I hope you all can help me reach this goal. Even a dollar will help. I threw in $25 so I am a third of the way there. I wish I could do more but money is a little tight right now as I am completing my last semester of graduate school.

A little background on why I believe this is a good cause. Not many people know but I was born 11 weeks early and have a mild case of Cerebral palsey. I am lucky. When I was born my parents were told I would never walk. Through support of my family and exercises that I yelled at my parents every day for making me complete I proved the doctors wrong. I am now 24 years old and will I have a slight limp in my left leg, it is usually not even noticeable unless I point it out, I am able to walk, ski, cycle, or do just about anything else I set my mind to. However there are many kids out there who are not as fortunate as myself and struggle with simple tasks like walking everyday. I know I am fortunate and am thankful for it.

Hopefully everyone on here can help me reach my goal. I know we are just after the holidays and money is a little tight but this is for kids. Competing in events like the special Olympics can make a kids day, week, and year. Lets help to make a special day for some kids who are not fortunate enough to be able to enjoy all of the normal activities the rest of us can enjoy.

Here is the link to donate and come on guys I am the one jumping into a frozen lake in the middle of a Wisconsin winter.

2012 Muskego Polar Plunge for Special Olympics Wisconsin - General Donation

Thanks for support guys. Even if you cannot donate words of encouragement are appreciated.

Ray

T

Well the Donations have been great so far. Thanks everyone. I am going to raise the goal up to a total of $200. Hopefully I can surpass this as well. We do not have a weather forecast yet, but the average temperature on Feb 12, the day we are jumping is 32. So it should be nice a chilly.

Archived