Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hairs from brushes falling out

Hi everyone,

Before contacting Adam's directly, I wanted to make sure that I'm not doing anything wrong. Since purchasing the Adam's boar's hair wheel and lug/nut brushes, I notice a good amount of hair that falls out as I gently clean my wheels. :( I think I'm taking excellent care of the brushes (following the posted videos closely), including washing out the bristles between applications and careful wiping, etc. I've attached a few pics below.

IMG_2767-1.jpg

IMG_2768-1.jpg

IMG_2769-1.jpg

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from continuing to happen? :help:

How many times have you used the brushes? A few hairs falling out with the first few uses is normal, I have noticed that with my lug brush and interior leather brush.

:iagree:

If they're still new theres always going to be a few loose bristles from the manufacturing process that will work their way out thru the first 2 or 3 uses.

If you continue to see shedding beyond that, or have clumps coming out, then contact us and we'll get you replacements under warranty as thats not normal.

email: tips@adamspolishes.com

call: 866.965.0400

or live chat via the website Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA

:iagree:

If they're still new theres always going to be a few loose bristles from the manufacturing process that will work their way out thru the first 2 or 3 uses.

If you continue to see shedding beyond that, or have clumps coming out, then contact us and we'll get you replacements under warranty as thats not normal.

call: 866.965.0400

or live chat via the website Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA

Thanks Dylan... I will contact you guys later today when I'm off work. I've had the brushes for 6+ months and they continue to shed after every tire I clean (approx 8-10 hairs/tire). Very much appreciate the quick feedback from everyone...

Hey just adding into the brush discussion I actually just noticed today that on my brush the metal ring is starting to rust =( I have used the brush about 5 times only and clean and dry it when im finished using it, I plan on calling adam's today anyone else had this problem?

Hey just adding into the brush discussion I actually just noticed today that on my brush the metal ring is starting to rust =( I have used the brush about 5 times only and clean and dry it when im finished using it, I plan on calling adam's today anyone else had this problem?

Thats unusual, the ferrel is actually coated nickel so it should't rust, unless the coating gets abraded off of the surface somehow.

Regardless, get in touch with us and we'll make it right:

Phone: 866.965.0400

or livechat via Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA

I just received the replacements a couple of days after contacting Dylan. Honestly, I thought everyone here were like typical fanboys touting "great customer service, blah blah blah." I was absolutely shocked how quickly/diligently Dylan and the team resolved everything. Adams is truly something special. :2thumbs:

It is raining all weekend here is S. Florida so haven't had a chance to try out the replacement brushes yet. But, I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to Dylan for all his help! :banana:

I just received the replacements a couple of days after contacting Dylan. Honestly, I thought everyone here were like typical fanboys touting "great customer service, blah blah blah." I was absolutely shocked how quickly/diligently Dylan and the team resolved everything. Adams is truly something special. :2thumbs:

It is raining all weekend here is S. Florida so haven't had a chance to try out the replacement brushes yet. But, I just wanted to give a heartfelt thank you to Dylan for all his help! :banana:

We do our best as a Community to provide honest answers and help. It does Adam's no good, nor the end user, to have a bunch of fanboys swinging their detailing bags all over the place!

:rockon:

Just ordered the blonde boars hair wheel brush, hopefully it's not defective. :lolsmack: Only issue I've ever had was because of the way FedEx handled one of my packages and the issue was resolved in the same week! There no customer service like Adam's customer service!

I have the older version of the brush. The shorter handle with blue liner on it. I love that brush, but everytime I see the new one at the Warehouse, I think to myself, "I could be cleaning THAT much more."

It has more bristles than the one that always was backordered.

I have the older version of the brush. The shorter handle with blue liner on it. I love that brush, but everytime I see the new one at the Warehouse, I think to myself, "I could be cleaning THAT much more."

It has more bristles than the one that always was backordered.

Good to know. I did like the looks of the old ones handle better than the new one, but I'll take the fuller head that will clean better than a better handle

Good to know. I did like the looks of the old ones handle better than the new one, but I'll take the fuller head that will clean better than a better handle

Not only that, but it's the SAME handle save for the color, of the Fender Brush. That's like 6" extra to not have to reach for anymore!

:rockon:

Archived