Customer Service 866.965.0400

Couple Revive Questions for PC...

AngryPolska

Question

Hey guys. Just a couple questions regarding Revive on the PC.

I own a black Tahoe, and I'm also going to be doing a full correction on my friends black Silverado in the coming week.

I'm still kind of unclear about how Revive works and the benefits of this product. I've read a couple things here on forums about people using Revive strictly on black vehicles, for a follow up to Fine Machine Polish.

I do have some Black/Red glazing pads. Is this what everyone uses on a PC?

Do you move the same speed when applying Revive? I figured not, since it has no cutting properties.

How about product usage? Same general rule applies like all other polishes?

People here that have used Revive, is it something you recommend and a must have step on a black vehicle?

Thanks for any input :cheers:

17 answers to this question

well revive is a cleaner polish right? So could it be used for removing the stubborn fmp residue for a nice clean surface for americana or mss as oppose to IPA Wipedown

Gary, That is its intended use.:thumbsup:

i am itching to do my paint correction on the new camaro but we're expecting snow in this area over the weekend and i don't have a garage.

so my back up plan is to wash the car for the first time and use revive to get off any product that the dealership might have used prior to me picking the car up.

then wash it again and hit it with bg after the snow passes :pc:

I've never seen where it made enough difference to do a revive polish after FMP.

Chris

May I ask, are you doing this to remove oils and such before sealant

or do you use the IPA method?

Just did a toyota camry, clayed it real good, used revive,, gave it a deep look. color of car is Barcelona Red. the sealed it, then waxed. what a shine. still has swirls.. owner did not want to pay for that part. But it has a very deep wet look. :glasses:

Yeah, not trying to correct the paint yet, but was looking for a way to get my detail on and an excuse to use revive lol.

Quick Sealant after Revive perhaps?

It just dumped not to long ago here in CO, and I just clayed sealed and waxed. Winter, HA I still roll looking good even in the snow! But then again as a detailer that's my job! Nothing wrong with sealing and waxing in between paint corrections!:D

^^ knock yourself out man. blast that car real good and i mean real good with some water. Clay the use the revive.

quick sealant is 100% a must after the revive. Don't skip or wait to do the sealant another day either.

Worthless? Nah... It's a waste to spend the hours and hours correcting a paint, when you know you're going to drive it on icy, snowy, salt/sand covered roads.

It takes me no less than 10 hours to correct my G8 in the spring and it's been corrected a few times. :( I use nothing but water at a coin op, and don't touch the paint all winter and I still have scratches in the paint.

Yeah, not trying to correct the paint yet, but was looking for a way to get my detail on and an excuse to use revive lol.

Quick Sealant after Revive perhaps?

hmmm.

i'm more concerned about the paint correction than protection.

figured it was worthless to try and protect swirled paint, but that doesn't sound half bad.

Worthless? Nah... It's a waste to spend the hours and hours correcting a paint, when you know you're going to drive it on icy, snowy, salt/sand covered roads.

It takes me no less than 10 hours to correct my G8 in the spring and it's been corrected a few times. :( I use nothing but water at a coin op, and don't touch the paint all winter and I still have scratches in the paint.

You need to have some sort of protection on the paint. BG offers almost NONE. I wouldn't waste your time until the weather gets better.

If you do anything, strip it, and put a coat or two of the spray sealant on it.

Chris

well revive is a cleaner polish right? So could it be used for removing the stubborn fmp residue for a nice clean surface for americana or mss as oppose to IPA Wipedown

Yes, but so can DS or WW or IPA for that matter... :thumbsup:

I prefer Revive on a gray pad, after FMP, before sealant.

Thats if I'm using it at all... the benefits are minimal, I mostly use this as a quick cleanup step for times I'm not doing all out correction.

With anything like this, the best way to decide if you should hit the whole vehicle is to test an area. Go thru your normal routine (SSR/SHR/FMP) then pick a test panel and hit it with Revive + Gray Pad... remove and inspect.

If you see a big enough benefit proceed around the rest of the car, if not, don't.

Most of the time you would just use FMP with machine and Revive by hand. That being said on a black car you may see a difference using both.

And if you do use the Revive with the PC, I would use the same speed etc. as you would the FMP.

What if your doing a car, the owner just wants to clay and wax,, not machine on it... would the revive work good then... get a good clay job,, then hit it with revive by hand,,, then coat with americana??

Archived