Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car Detailing (no machine)

LPYYZ

Question

I'm expecting delivery of a 2012 Bright White Dodge Challenger next week and I want to know the proper steps to prepare and protect the paint as it will be my daily driver.

Assuming the paint will be in good condition when I pick it up from the dealer what steps can I take to protect and compliment the white paint after washing and claying (if needed).

All detailing will be done by hand without a machine.

Thanks in advance,

Liam

4 answers to this question

If sticking to hand use only and a daily driver, heres what I'd go with:

1. Strip wash (apc & car wash mixture)
  2. Clay
  3. Rewash
  4. Dry
  5. Revive Polish + Blue Hex Grip app
  6. Remove Residue
  7. Quick Sealant + Americana or Yellow Hex Grip
  8. Remove Residue
  9. Done

You can maybe slide SHR into the slot before Revive, but on white, and a new car it might not be justifiable. For times you want a little kick up in gloss maybe do a coat of Americana or Buttery over the sealant, but as a stand alone the QS does look very nice. Just did this white Murano a few weeks back and used only QS. http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/16071.htm

Congrats on the new ride... :banana:

Go to Adams site and check out the videos on hand polishing. They got all the supplies you need..

Pick up the cash wash kits also, that is a must if you want to keep the ride looking tight the correct way. There are different ones. Just depends on how much you want to spend. Keep track of the forum as there are alot of very knowledgeable folks here. Good luck.

:patriot:

If sticking to hand use only and a daily driver, heres what I'd go with:

1. Strip wash (apc & car wash mixture)
  2. Clay
  3. Rewash
  4. Dry
  5. Revive Polish + Blue Hex Grip app
  6. Remove Residue
  7. Quick Sealant + Americana or Yellow Hex Grip
  8. Remove Residue
  9. Done

You can maybe slide SHR into the slot before Revive, but on white, and a new car it might not be justifiable. For times you want a little kick up in gloss maybe do a coat of Americana or Buttery over the sealant, but as a stand alone the QS does look very nice. Just did this white Murano a few weeks back and used only QS. http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/detailers-write-ups/16071.htm

10. Enjoy

11. Post up pics!:glasses:

Archived