Customer Service 866.965.0400

New member from RI

GothamEMS

Just wanted to introduce myself in my first post. My name is Jerry, I live in RI, and just order a new polishing kit from Adam, for my DA. I am excited to receive my first order and can't wait to start detailing my vehicles. :cheers:

Welcome Jerry!

And to answer your tag's question - It's a 12 year old V6!

Funny story about my plate, a little winded, but worth it LOL....First, my dad and I are best of friends and enthusiasts, trucks, sports cars, snow mobiles, motorcycles, etc.

My father had a 1979 L82 Corvette, plate on it was YRUSLO. Well the car was eventually sold, my father waited a few years and purchased a new 2004 C5 Corvette. At the time, 10 years had elapsed between. So when he got the new Vette, I said to him, "you should see if your old plate is still available". The answer I got was basically he didn't want to go through the trouble, and it probably wasn't...

FF to August 2007. Long story short, I was going to get married, saved a ton of cash for the wedding, only to find out she had been cheating on me for about a year. Well, I found out, didn't say anything for like a month, took a chunk of the wedding money and ordered myself a brand spanking new 2008 Mustang GT loaded, I had wanted one for 16 years! I never told her about the car, picked it up, drove straight to her house, told her I knew everything, said that her $40K wedding now resides in my garage, and of course PEELED OUT down the street! Back to the plate. Keep in mind I worked my @ss off, three jobs to save this money, nights and days away from my family. I eventually did about $10K worth of performance upgrades...

Well, I went online to DMV to check registration availability, typed YRUSLO in, and a progress bar came up. Waiting, waiting, waiting... I didn't expect much, until the word AVAILABLE popped up. HOLY CRAP, $40 to reserve it and I was golden, it was all mine! I never told my father about the plate. When it came in I drove over his house and asked him to come outside to check out the car. "Dad, notice anything different about the car"? OMG Jer, you got the plate back, how in the heck, really, what the...etc. I turned to him and said "we got it back, if you want it, I will sign it over to you first thing in the morning". He said to me, "Jer, it's your turn to have it, I gave it a good run....to bad it has to be on a FORD"! LOL!!!!!

:2thumbs:

....to bad it has to be on a FORD"! LOL!!!!!

This is so true. The way I see it though is this...you're reading the plate while it is on the car, therefore you're asking the Mustang why it's slow, so it fits perfectly;):lolsmack:

This is so true. The way I see it though is this...you're reading the plate while it is on the car, therefore you're asking the Mustang why it's slow, so it fits perfectly;):lolsmack:

I guess same could be said when the plate was originally on a Chevy, hu?:thumbsup:

I guess same could be said when the plate was originally on a Chevy, hu?:thumbsup:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Lol, only when it's on a Ford:D

My friend and I have a huge rivalry between Chevy and Ford. I have a '98 Camaro SS and he has a '94 Mustang GT so we have out rivalry going. At least they're :patriot: and not Honda rice burners. If that was the case we would be :loser:'s

definitely a small world.. there's a few other knee draggers on here as well..

so how did you hear about Adam's?

I first discovered Adam's products a few weeks ago on a Toyota Tundra forum, the guys over there SWEAR by the stuff. So I got to thinking...in 4 1/2 years I've never really thoroughly cleaned the pain on my garaged Stang, and it was time. It has a few swirls, as well as a few hard water spots I only just recently saw after replacing and adding new light fixtures in the garage.*

So, few weeks of research and $400 later, I picked up a Meguires DA, a few things from Adam's, and a couple of other accessories. Well, as soon as we get a break in the weather and I can give her a bath, I'm gona tackle a full reconditioning, in the garage of course, lol.

:banana:

Archived