Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spring Break Detail: 2004 Mazda 3 Hatchback

MichiganSRT8

Alright guys, well this week was my spring break but to save money ive decided to come home for the week and help my mom around the house with thing that needed to be done. Well for a while now I've been wanting to clean up my girlfriends Mazda as I know for a face she never cleans it and the interior is thrasheddd. Well this seemed like a better time than ever so here it goes:

This was my first job, side strips were starting to peel off, as they curled off they started to scratch the door so they had to go.

Products:

Clay Bar

Detail Spray

All Purpose Spray

Goo Gone

Quick Sealant

Single Soft Towel(s)

Flex 3401 w/

Severe Swirl Remover/green pad

Swirl and Haze Remover/orange pad

Fine Machine Polish/white pad

30lb Fishing line

Plastic razor blades

IMG_7594.jpg

IMG_7595.jpg

IMG_7596.jpg

Taped and removed:

IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

Scratch caused from the trim wet-sanded out:

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7609.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

Driver side was more complicated as more glue residue was left:

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7616.jpg

After I finished up with the trim I went inside to assess the damage for job 2. And it was rough haha. She has a yellow lab and black lab so I had to deal with almost 3 years of ground in dog hair, from trips back and forth from my lake for trips to let them play. The hair by far was the worst part, but the first was deeply ground in and after i get my extractor back they'l look even better. The two rug shots do show how well they came out though, and how bad they started. Didnt get all of the pictures I wanted because it was getting close to 230 am at this point and I wanted to get started but youll get the point from the ones I did get.

Products used:

Leather and Interior Cleaner

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

Waterless Wash

Glass Cleaner

Glass Sealant

Clay Bar

IMG_7619.jpg

IMG_7621.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7601.jpg

IMG_7600.jpg

Well at around 5am i finally finished up with what I was happy with, without my wet dry vac and extractor as I had lent them out because i wasn't home. But Snapped a few before I went back and dropped it off at her house for her to come out to in the morning as she though I was just borrowing her car for the night. She had no idea I was going to clean it and this morning she was extremely happy coming out to her car all cleaner up. Here are some afters:

IMG_7625.jpg

IMG_7626.jpg

IMG_7627.jpg

IMG_7629.jpg

As you can see the seats were rough, gunna need more work when I get my stuff back.

IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

IMG_7633.jpg

And when I got back I got my other baby back to her throne :D haha

IMG_7634.jpg

Thanks for looking at my mini project!

Looks great...it's crazy that you stayed up that late!

Thanks! Haha yeah true, being in college all the times of the day seem to blur together after all nighters and just days of no sleep. What was really weird is driving through my hometown at 5am and seeing only like 3 people out, and they were probably starting their morning not ending it like me haha.

Looks really good! :thumbsup:

What did you clay on the inside? Noob question?

Thanks! No clay on the inside, but I placed clay on the second list because I cleaned up the windows too because she has 2 labs (hence the massive amount of hair haha). They like to lick the interior of the windows so a little glass cleaner their took that away, then I clayed the outside of the windows to take the nasty layer of crap that is left on there from out Michigan roads. Then a nice layer of glass sealant was laid on top of that to help more crud from building up.

Women! Allow me to rephrase that....some women! LOL! I see this all too often. Great job you did. Plus, you earned some cool points with your lady. Can't go wrong there.

DX on too many different ROMs to keep updating my signature - via Tapatalk

Thanks! but your telling me, definitely got some points with her! She might be getting a new car soon so I dont see her car getting this dirty again, or at least I can hope haha. My moms car is just as horrible if not worse and I think someday Ill do a writeup about that too. and when I do be ready cause its gunna take all of me to get the courage to do it haha. Don't think my girls ever had her car that clean, and to my standards its not close to done, even after my almost 4 hours spent on the inside alone.

O.M.G she better of paid you well for that :D

barf.gif

Haha I wish man, all I expected was a thank you. and she ended up posting up pictures on her facebook and sending some to her sister so it was more than I could ask for, she was definitely grateful and that made it worth it. Now my moms car....shes gunna need to pay me for that job for how horrible it is haha. especially since it will be the 3rd time in like a year shes let my sister make it that bad... A free homemade dinner is what ill probably get, which is perfect with me and a good change from my college food diet haha :D

Haha I wish man, all I expected was a thank you. and she ended up posting up pictures on her facebook and sending some to her sister so it was more than I could ask for, she was definitely grateful and that made it worth it. Now my moms car....shes gunna need to pay me for that job for how horrible it is haha. especially since it will be the 3rd time in like a year shes let my sister make it that bad... A free homemade dinner is what ill probably get, which is perfect with me and a good change from my college food diet haha :D

i think you missed what i was getting at :jester:

ive given up dealing with my moms car, she just doesn't care and continually trashes her car. There just is no point in wasteing time and product. She'll say thanks and keep it clean for a day. when she gets her new merc things will have to change, she may have to be banned from driving her car :lolsmack: Hopefully your mom is more appreciative then mine :lol:

My mom just got into a 2012 Honda Fit. Took her two weeks to trash the interior. Then she had a from plate put on (my state doesn't require one, it's an AL football novelty plate) and a ton of sill crap inside. Seat covers. It makes me a little sick every time I see it.

I vomited a little when I saw the interior. It seems like women use their cars like their purses, all manner of crap. These lovely ladies in our lives are only matched by their progeny, who add to the chaos and treat the vehicle like a trashcan, no matter how we tell them otherwise.

I guess this allows us to justify the $$$ we spend on Adams...

I vomited a little when I saw the interior. It seems like women use their cars like their purses, all manner of crap. These lovely ladies in our lives are only matched by their progeny, who add to the chaos and treat the vehicle like a trashcan, no matter how we tell them otherwise.

Definately and I thought my girlfriend trashed her interior :willy::willy::willy::willy:

Great job on the recovery! Hope she treats her car a little bit better after all that work

i think you missed what i was getting at :jester:

ive given up dealing with my moms car, she just doesn't care and continually trashes her car. There just is no point in wasteing time and product. She'll say thanks and keep it clean for a day. when she gets her new merc things will have to change, she may have to be banned from driving her car :lolsmack: Hopefully your mom is more appreciative then mine :lol:

Haha I got what you were going after, just know yes i was "paid" haha *giggity*, and I think I'm the same with my moms car, but its really not her making a mess of it, its my 16 year old sister. One my sister gets her license then I will be able to easily detail my moms car and not have to worry about it being thrashed later. Which will be awesomeee :banana:.

My mom just got into a 2012 Honda Fit. Took her two weeks to trash the interior. Then she had a from plate put on (my state doesn't require one, it's an AL football novelty plate) and a ton of sill crap inside. Seat covers. It makes me a little sick every time I see it.

Oh god, yeah my mom has a saturn sky and originally put zebra print covers over the leather seats of the car. I gave a few *comments* and those were gone haha. Sorry to hear about that novelty front plate though, if there is one thing I cant stand its a front plate and I am so happy michigan doesnt require you to have one. I still dont think id have one even if you were supposed to, just ruins the front of any car, unless you have a motorized flip up. 2 weeks is efficient timing to destroy the interior though haha. The work that i did on my gf car was from over years so it was kinda fun in way bringing it back from what I could.

Holy crepes. I hope your girlfriend isn't that dirty!

Nice work brother!

Mook

Haha shes not and thats what gets me! Shes the shower all the time girls with clean clothes and everything perfect. Thats what gets me about her car, its like the ying to her yang, the opposite of what she is. Shes going to be working soon and having clients in her car and once she gets a new one I told her she cant let it get that bad or it will look bad on her part. She just said, well you can clean it :D, since you did so good this time!....yeahhh haha. Sometimes it wouldnt hurt to have a Dirty girl haha. :D

Exactly what I said after I was done, I was like remember that money I spend on those products? well that made your car all that much better haha. I think ive got her, no more complaining about money on Adams....till were married then I think it will be a different story haha.

Definately and I thought my girlfriend trashed her interior :willy::willy::willy::willy:

Great job on the recovery! Hope she treats her car a little bit better after all that work

Haha Thanks man! and I think she will treat it better, we'll have to see with time haha. But even the day after she said she was afraid to even put her feet on the floor and make it dirty haha. Lets hope she stays that way and its not demolished the next time I see it.

Alright guys, well this week was my spring break but to save money ive decided to come home for the week and help my mom around the house with thing that needed to be done. Well for a while now I've been wanting to clean up my girlfriends Mazda as I know for a face she never cleans it and the interior is thrasheddd. Well this seemed like a better time than ever so here it goes:

This was my first job, side strips were starting to peel off, as they curled off they started to scratch the door so they had to go.

Products:

Clay Bar

Detail Spray

All Purpose Spray

Goo Gone

Quick Sealant

Single Soft Towel(s)

Flex 3401 w/

Severe Swirl Remover/green pad

Swirl and Haze Remover/orange pad

Fine Machine Polish/white pad

30lb Fishing line

Plastic razor blades

IMG_7594.jpg

IMG_7595.jpg

IMG_7596.jpg

Taped and removed:

IMG_7604.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

Scratch caused from the trim wet-sanded out:

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7608.jpg

IMG_7609.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

Driver side was more complicated as more glue residue was left:

IMG_7614.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7616.jpg

After I finished up with the trim I went inside to assess the damage for job 2. And it was rough haha. She has a yellow lab and black lab so I had to deal with almost 3 years of ground in dog hair, from trips back and forth from my lake for trips to let them play. The hair by far was the worst part, but the first was deeply ground in and after i get my extractor back they'l look even better. The two rug shots do show how well they came out though, and how bad they started. Didnt get all of the pictures I wanted because it was getting close to 230 am at this point and I wanted to get started but youll get the point from the ones I did get.

Products used:

Leather and Interior Cleaner

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

Waterless Wash

Glass Cleaner

Glass Sealant

Clay Bar

IMG_7619.jpg

IMG_7621.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7601.jpg

IMG_7600.jpg

Well at around 5am i finally finished up with what I was happy with, without my wet dry vac and extractor as I had lent them out because i wasn't home. But Snapped a few before I went back and dropped it off at her house for her to come out to in the morning as she though I was just borrowing her car for the night. She had no idea I was going to clean it and this morning she was extremely happy coming out to her car all cleaner up. Here are some afters:

IMG_7625.jpg

IMG_7626.jpg

IMG_7627.jpg

IMG_7629.jpg

As you can see the seats were rough, gunna need more work when I get my stuff back.

IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

IMG_7633.jpg

And when I got back I got my other baby back to her throne :D haha

IMG_7634.jpg

Thanks for looking at my mini project!

I thought only myself had the curse of getting cars that TRASHED. I really dont know how people can drive something like that let alone make it that bad, that fast. Great work man! :pc:

I thought only myself had the curse of getting cars that TRASHED. I really dont know how people can drive something like that let alone make it that bad, that fast. Great work man! :pc:

Haha it's past me too man haha. But she has kept it just as clean as I got it so I'm glad : ). I've cleaned it before but not like this, so I'm thinking she'll keep it good and clean. She says she likes driving a clean car much more, imagine that right?! Hahah :D

Archived