Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mustang Full Paint Correction w/ PICS

GothamEMS

Well, I have the week off of work so I figured I would do a FULL paint correction on my 2008 Mustang GT. Little background on the car...I bought the car brand spanking new in August 2007, it will be 5 years old this year. The car is garaged, but in the past five years I have waxed it probably once a year religiously, and have wash it regularly. The car currently has 8,500 miles on it :D. As I type, I have put 14+ hours into this car, in the past two days.

Here is the paint correction process I used:

Rinse with standard hose nozzle to knock off any big stuff

I used my Chameleon proportioner with 50/50 M****** wash, which I purchased at Lowes, and have mentioned this item in previous posts, to "FOAM" the vehicle and fully wash it.

I dried the vehicle with my handy dandy Task Force electric leaf blower 230mph (also purchased at Lowes)

I fully clayed the vehicle, surprisingly not very dirty

Another wash, no foam this time though

Another very detailed drying with the electric leaf blower

The car was parked in the garage and NOW THE FUN STARTED! :pc:

I started by setting up a 500w halogen work light in the front of the garage to revile any swirls or scratches, and moved it around as I worked. Next I used 3M blue painter's tape, to tape up the clear bra and some other trim areas. I started with Adam's Fine Machine Polish, which worked on a majority of the imperfections, only a handful of times did I have to bust out the Swirl and Haze Remover. I would strongly recommend the Adam's 4" pad kit for a DA. The "big stuff" I hit with the Swirls and Haze with a 4" pad, which worked AWESOME, then following up with Fine Machine Polish. The 4" pad worked fantastic on those hard to reach areas as well.

After I worked Adam's Fine Machine Polish into the entire vehicle, I applied Adam's Super Sealant, and let it sit for about 45 minutes, then removed. FedEx is delivering some glaze and Americana today by 3:00PM, so that is my next step. The pics are taken up to the point of applying Adam's Super Sealant and removing it....Keep in mind that these pictures DO NOT do the job any justice, they were all taken on my cell phone. The car looks phenomenal in person, flawless and phenomenal! I am extremely please with the results!!!!!!

Looks good man! Only thing I'd recommend is you trash the Gold Class soap and get some Adams. You may not think it's a big deal, but Adams soap BLOWS AWAY GC. I had GC before getting Adams thinking there couldn't be that big of a difference. OH how wrong I was.

Good job!

Chris

Looks good man! Only thing I'd recommend is you trash the Gold Class soap and get some Adams. You may not think it's a big deal, but Adams soap BLOWS AWAY GC. I had GC before getting Adams thinking there couldn't be that big of a difference. OH how wrong I was.

Good job!

Chris

It's actually funny, I use the Meguires to foam the car up, but actually wash it with Turtle Wax ICE car wash, probably not much better, hu? Thanks, will do on my next order!

It's actually funny, I use the Meguires to foam the car up, but actually wash it with Turtle Wax ICE car wash, probably not much better, hu? Thanks, will do on my next order!

If you want FOAM, use Adams. Trust me... The difference is NUTS!!! :2thumbs:

TW makes one decent product. Their chrome polish. I used it for years.

There are two ways to add cleaner to your car...with car wash or Car Shampoo. If you've never used the Car Shampoo, I am not sure if you've experienced AWESOME!

Mook

That's what I'm sayin! :banana:

Thanks for all the feed back. I just finished glazing her and applying the first coat of Americana, second coat will go on in the AM. The car looks AMAZING right now! What exactly is the difference between the car wash and the car shampoo?

What exactly is the difference between the car wash and the car shampoo?

The name some of us call it. WW and the car wash or car shampoo are different. I believe Adams calls it car shampoo. I've always required realpoo though... lol

Buy the gallon of it. You'll love it. I promise!

Adams car shampoo is awesome compared to OTC stuff (what people are calling car wash soap).

It really is on a whole different level. I bought a gallon of it awhile back and I think I refilled my 16oz bottle of Car Shampoo once. All of Adam's stuff will last you a long time! Just make sure to store it properly :thumbsup:

Archived