Customer Service 866.965.0400

G8 Dash and Doors Cleaning Methods

icantdrive55

Question

For all the G8 owners, what do you do to clean and maintain the top of the dash and the tops of the doors? The textured, grainy material is somewhat of a challenge to keep looking showroom new. Thanks in advance for your input.

Mike

14 answers to this question

I use the interior cleaner on an MF towel, and then follow up with VRT on the dash and SVRT on the doors. I let sit for a bit, and then buff off the excess to get a nice satin look.

I'm trying to use up my old VRT, but where the rain hits I use SVRT.

I use the interior cleaner on an MF towel, and then follow up with VRT on the dash and SVRT on the doors. I let sit for a bit, and then buff off the excess to get a nice satin look.

I'm trying to use up my old VRT, but where the rain hits I use SVRT.

I do what he does on customer cars with similar interiors, and also my SS. However, I use Leather Conditioner in lieu of SVRT or even the precious VRT (got a gallon still uncorked). I think shooting cleaner onto the towel is paramount.

Mook

Keep in mind, when you open the door in the rain, if you drive yours in the rain, both VRT and LC will run. I found this out the hard way and when SVRT came out, all was well on the Earth for me. lol

I never thought about the water part on my doors. I always thought about the SVRT and old VRT giving me mad glare on the inside of the windshield, from the dash. Hence the LC there. But, next time out, SVRT on my door pieces!

I never thought about the water part on my doors. I always thought about the SVRT and old VRT giving me mad glare on the inside of the windshield, from the dash. Hence the LC there. But, next time out, SVRT on my door pieces!

I was worried about that too, but with the buffing, I get ZERO glare and it's really not shiny at all.

Chris

Archived