Customer Service 866.965.0400

2005 Saab 9-3 work

MichiganSRT8

Alright guys and girls, I have gt the detailing bug bad now since the weather has been mid 70* all week. Since I dont have anyone lined up for a correction till next month after school ends I thought I would help out my friends Saab that probably has been washed twice and was just looking rough. Hitting the headlights was my main concern because I dont know how he was even seeing out of them. I have him set for a correction later in the summer so headlight alone for now, but did do a test panel real fast for him to see the difference. Here we go:

-Clay barred each set

-Dried and taped up

-Started with 1000grit>2000>2500>3000

-Swirl and haze remover 3 passes

-Fine machine polish 2 passes

-Sealed with Spar urethane

-Another layer of quick sealant

Took 2 nights after classes, probably about 2 hours or so over 2 days.

Heres some pics of the process:

starting from:

IMG_7642.jpg

IMG_7643.jpg

IMG_7644.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

Right side done:

clouds messed it up a little

IMG_7646.jpg

IMG_7648.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg

night shot, look how yellow the left is

IMG_7651.jpg

both finished up, some glare

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

IMG_7662.jpg

IMG_7661.jpg

Paint pics, notice the deep scratch!

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7663.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone!

Nicely done, the lights look great, and that test area is great. Your friend has to be loving the improved lights and finish.

thanks! i love that last picture I took, really shows what his paint should look like.

Well done!

thanks! :2thumbs:

Holy cow, how could they even see out of those at night?!?

Man riding in it before you really couldnt see that great. Now that i got them cleared up he loves em. He called me last night driving back to his room from class and said that hes glad he actually has headlights now haha.

Much, much better!:glasses:

gracias sir :D

Wow, Great job! That thing came out so good it should still be covered under the Saab warranty!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thanks good sir! appreciate it! he was saying it looks better when he originally got it, which i can vouch for cause i remember back to when he did haha.

I have to do that to my sons car he has a 2003 Saab 9-3 with same issue. I took swirl and haze remover on just a microfiber pad and just tested it on headlights and it was amazing what five minutes of hand rubbing did got to get focus pads for drill and finish it up! Really nice job!

Hey man where did you get the light from? Link pls?

That is a Brinkman MaxFire Dual Xenon spotlight, aka 'the swirl finder'. It's a fantastic light, but beware - you may not like what you find when you start using it!

Adam's dealer Phil at Detailer's Domain carries them - http://www.detailersdomain.com/Brinkmann-MaxFire-Dual-Xenon-Rechargeable-Spotlight_p_242.html.

I have to do that to my sons car he has a 2003 Saab 9-3 with same issue. I took swirl and haze remover on just a microfiber pad and just tested it on headlights and it was amazing what five minutes of hand rubbing did got to get focus pads for drill and finish it up! Really nice job!

They clean up real nice for being nasty! The focus pads on my ryobi ftw!

Hey man where did you get the light from? Link pls?

What he said down there, love my brinkmann, had it for a long time and it along with my LED flashlight (that was much more haha) help me get everything. Id say go for one if you dont have once, very useful.

That is a Brinkman MaxFire Dual Xenon spotlight, aka 'the swirl finder'. It's a fantastic light, but beware - you may not like what you find when you start using it!

Adam's dealer Phil at Detailer's Domain carries them - http://www.detailersdomain.com/Brinkmann-MaxFire-Dual-Xenon-Rechargeable-Spotlight_p_242.html.

Well done sir :thumbsup:. When your getting the flashlight get some more adams products from phil ;).

Well I mean right now I'm lugging around a halogen fixture to peer over all the imperfections. Just need something lightweight and affordable that works good.

Well I mean right now I'm lugging around a halogen fixture to peer over all the imperfections. Just need something lightweight and affordable that works good.

The Brinkman and the halogens are complimentary to each other. I use the Brinkman to check specific spots, but will use the halogens for viewing large areas. It is also a great uitlity light - rechargeable and single or dual light output.

The Brinkman and the halogens are complimentary to each other. I use the Brinkman to check specific spots, but will use the halogens for viewing large areas. It is also a great uitlity light - rechargeable and single or dual light output.

what he said ^^^ :D. i have a plethora of lights of different outputs and intensities for looking at the paint, halogen and diffrent LED's. Great to see different looks, that brinkmann really shows how bad that paint was from that first pic!

Archived