Customer Service 866.965.0400

What should i buy

M.YANCEY

Question

I am new to your forum I would like to buy a PC kit I have a new 2012 f150 with a few small scratchs form the factory, I would like to get the right kit to get started so I can keep this truck spotless..

6 answers to this question

Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit

Has everything you need for paint in fair to good condition.

Well it is a brand new truck built 3/12 But it is a lot of crap on the paint, I went over the whole truck with 3M FINESSE-IT II And then put a coat of mothers top coat (reflections) this was before I was told about this website. The paint fill smooth as glass. I ask 4 differant dealers about waxing it so soon and they all told me to wax it asap. They all said the paint was full cured?? I thought that I had to wait 30-60 days and they all said NO.. THANKS FOR THE FAST REPLY.

Adam's Starter Porter Cable 7424XP Polisher Kit

Has everything you need for paint in fair to good condition.

I'm with David. With a new truck you should not need anything more aggressive than SHR, and you may only need FMP. I would also recommend a 2nd orange pad, a 2nd white pad, and a gallon of DS.

Well it is a brand new truck built 3/12 But it is a lot of crap on the paint, I went over the whole truck with 3M FINESSE-IT II And then put a coat of mothers top coat (reflections) this was before I was told about this website. The paint fill smooth as glass. I ask 4 differant dealers about waxing it so soon and they all told me to wax it asap. They all said the paint was full cured?? I thought that I had to wait 30-60 days and they all said NO.. THANKS FOR THE FAST REPLY.

If it was built 3/12 then leave it. Are you 100% sure the door sticker says 3/12? I visited the Hyundai plant in AL and they are cars on the lot that had been there so long the tires were flat. Shipping Hyundais in from over seas (not your problem here) takes upwards of six months total time from manufacture until dealer stock. Never seen FINESSE-IT. Top coat would probably be a wax. With nice wax on the paint, it will fill smooth. You need to do a baggie test because the paint probably at least needs a clay bar treatment. Then wait until you are ready to seal the paint. Try the fine machine polish on the worst visible spot and if you do not get the results you are expecting try an orange pad and S&H remover. You do need to wait 30 days minimum for factory or aftermarket clear to gas out. Some people don't believe in it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Tired post, sorry for rambling. :pc:

I ask the same question the dealer told me that the paint was ready before it left the factory. 4 different dealers told me the same thing. A major body shop told me it could be wax as soon as you received it?

New car's paint is fully cured so the day you drive it home you can wax it.

If your car is repainted at a body shop they cannot fully cure it in an oven like in a production line facility where all the flamable materials aren't in the car yet. Therefore it has to cure over a period of usually 90 days max.

Archived