Customer Service 866.965.0400

swirl marks

Cjbarton

Question

Spent all day yesterday cleaining, claying, and polishing my car. I did a test area and it looked good, so continued on throughout the car with the same process. The car looked great then the sun it going down tonight and i look at my car while walking from class and there are still swirl marks all over the car.

20 answers to this question

I try to improve the quality of the MF I use as I go though the steps. In order words, I use the oldest towels (but still Adams) for cleaning after clay bar, and if at all possible, I try to use brand new Adams towels for wiping after glaze and Americana.

I do have some non-Adams MF towels but they NEVER touch paint.

Yes they can. Often times the cheaper microfibers have a more harsh construction or the binding may scratch also. There IS a reason that they are cheaper. Those ones are good for use in areas that are not paint. I used all my old ones for oil rags.

Adam's uses the best So. Korean microfiber they can find. If the USA made microfiber (they don't), I am sure he would get them from the USA.

i applied machine sealent with the black pad. let cure for 30 minutes then buffed off with adams microfiber. I let that cure then applied Americana but didnt use the adams microfiber. i bet that is the problem, slipped my mind till now.

I picked the hood of my car. It was the worst spot, and it now has swirls. I have no idea what happened. this weekend im gonna go over the car again and see what happens. From the looks of it i will only need to use FMP.

Well then you have isolated the problem to one of your steps after polishing. You didnt say anything about applying a sealant or wax afterwords, did you? What exactly did you did between polishing and when you first saw the swirls again?

Its important to find out so you dont do this again after you re-correct it.

I picked the hood of my car. It was the worst spot, and it now has swirls. I have no idea what happened. this weekend im gonna go over the car again and see what happens. From the looks of it i will only need to use FMP.

If your test spot came out perfect, then the only answer is that you did not use the same technique on the rest of the car that you did on the test spot. Do you remember exactly where your test spot was, is it still perfect?

Of course you may have also picked a super easy almost swirless spot to correct as your test spot, and then the rest of the car was in much worse shape and you used the exact same process.

If its not one of those, I am stumped :lolsmack:

Archived